Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for a music tracker that isn't named after a breakfast food/question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a music tracker that isn't named after a breakfast food/question

Can anyone give me a heads up on any less well known high content tracker that is dedicated to quality music releases? Easy place to maintain a ratio a must.

If your preference is EDM you could try looking into TranceTraffic ([Old] TranceTraffic (TT) Review) It seems like a nice tracker, although you do have to find an invite. I don't believe there are a lot of music trackers with a good amount of content, besides What and Waffles most music trackers focus on one niche genre. Why don't you want to get into Waffles or What? Waffles isn't that extremely hard to keep a ratio, just upload music you get from another website that isn't on Waffles and upload it onto there.

Comment

Actually, I am a member of Waffles, I have yet to download 5 gigs because I am not the most savvy individual for uploading content, not to mention the right content that will generate download activity. I am a good seeder—I definitely don't go around hitting and running all over my private trackers. As far as downloading new content at precisely the right moment in order to catch the ratio train, I find that difficult as well because I have other things like raising children to contend with.

As far as what? I just find the whole exam model to be pretentious. Yes they provide valuable content for poor people like myself, but I don't have the time to study for a torrent site. Pardon my ignorance, but I find that a little ridiculous.

It's not that I feel self-entitled about it, but this whole honor among thieves notion strikes me as a little well to do and self important.

Anyway, I am sure I have just offended someone on here so i don't really expect too too much in the way of advice or assistance. Venting is nice though! I hear good things about that Pedro site...

Comment

Well, that interview is to ensure quality and keep them safe from copyright trolls. If you don't want to take 1 day to access 2 million torrents, that are mostly music and albums, then you shouldn't whine about the interview. Ofcourse it's your choice and opinion, so I won't get further into that.

Scene releases are very well downloaded on Waffles, and comic packs too. You could also download a comic pack from another website and upload it to Waffles, I have seen a few people do that.

Comment

is what.cd still offering invites by interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenburg View Post
            Venting is nice though! I hear good things about that Pedro site...
            Pedro is harder than WCD as far as ratio goes and content is not as great either
            only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Rutracker can be very good, too.

Comment

All due respect but I fail to see how that interview could manage to filter out copyright trolls when it's their job to get into private sites in the first place. Perhaps they could ask for a DNA sample?

Comment

Originally posted by achls View Post
                  Rutracker can be very good, too.
                  Absolutely, they go out of their way to find japanese editions (which are often uniquely remastered for the japanese audiophile), digitize LPs with top-notch equipment etc.

Also, not a tracker, but when you want to find rare content (and just about anything musical too!) I don't know anything that beats Soulseek. That's where you'll find bootlegs, mixtapes from the underground, old non-reedited stuff etc.

Comment

All due respect but I fail to see how that interview could manage to filter out copyright trolls when it's their job to get into private sites in the first place. Perhaps they could ask for a DNA sample?
                    It can be hard to maintain a good ratio at What, and uploading is a good way to get around that. As such, a proper understanding of the music formats, bitrates, etc. would be crucial. I think this is the point of the interviews - to have a way for people to join if they really put in the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by achls View Post
                      It can be hard to maintain a good ratio at What, and uploading is a good way to get around that. As such, a proper understanding of the music formats, bitrates, etc. would be crucial. I think this is the point of the interviews - to have a way for people to join if they really put in the effort.

In that sense I guess the interview hold some merit. My point was that not everyone has stuff to upload, but they are more than willing to seed whatever they snatch.

Comment

In that sense I guess the interview hold some merit. My point was that not everyone has stuff to upload, but they are more than willing to seed whatever they snatch.
                        The thing is, there's no freeleech torrents on What, the old torrents are mostly well-seeded, and it can be a big challenge to get upload credit that way and maintain ratio. At the very least, it can take a long time.

However, freeleech picks do happen at What so if you grab them quickly that's one way around not uploading. Site-wide freeleech does occur, though that can be quite rare, and torrents above 1GB become neutral leech, not freeleech during such events. You will need to upload to move up user classes, though.

Comment

I think I am better off with rutracker at the moment. It has some pretty fab content. What concerns me is my Waffles account. It has a 0.06 ratio under 5 gigs downloaded. I am basically stalled. I lack the attention span for figuring out reparation techniques on my own. I hear uploading comic packs is the way to go. IDK.

Comment

I basically don't care about getting into What.

Comment

I think I am better off with rutracker at the moment. It has some pretty fab content. What concerns me is my Waffles account. It has a 0.06 ratio under 5 gigs downloaded. I am basically stalled. I lack the attention span for figuring out reparation techniques on my own. I hear uploading comic packs is the way to go. IDK.
                              I basically don't care about getting into What.
                              What's library is excellent, and it quite live up to its fame. I don't think it is over-rated at all. If you had trouble with ratio in Waffles, it's not going to be any easier in What.

Freeleech picks help (like they help in Waffles too), but it's a long game. Takes time and a little effort.

Comment

Working...
                              X