Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good open tracker with ratio?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good open tracker with ratio?

    Hey everyone,

    I'm trying to get 1 or 2 ratio proofs so I can request an invite for IPT. I've searched the open trackers section but I'm unable to find a proper active one.

    I've also searched, without results.

    Hopefully one of you knows a good open tracker to get started.

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    IPtorrents is not a good place to join, and I would recommend you find alternate trackers (maybe PTP/TehCconnection/AwesomeHD for movies, BTN/TtN/MoTV/ToTV/Freshon for TV, or scene trackers like SCC/DH/TorrentShack, What.CD/Waffles for music).

    Originally posted by achls
    it has (probably) the largest user base among all private trackers, and quite easy to get in (the owners of the site publicly sell invites). They are running the site for profit, so if the anti copyright agencies go after a private site, IPT is the obvious and easy target. Best to stay away from that tracker.
    That being said, to get started in the private torrent world, you do need good proofs to show that you understand the ratio/hit and run system and can survive in it. I think it is less important which trackers you start with (my advice would be to avoid IPT family and BitSoup family), as the point is simply to show you can maintain a ratio. You will need to be patient, of course, but with time you should be able to get into most of the trackers you want. Good luck!

    Comment


    • #3
      Archis gave some good advice, not sure I agree with all of it, but the basics are right on.

      I'll add there are a couple offerings in the 10% section for HD-Space (HDS) that only require a speed test to get an invite. HDS has great tv and movie selections in a variety of formats and lots of free leech. Read the rules so you know how to play in their house. Hit the newly upped FL early and let it seed for a while to build ratio. If you can afford it, a seedbox speeds up the process a lot. Be patient. Good luck.
      Last edited by ibebo; October 6, 2015, 03:05 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ibebo View Post
        Archis gave some good advice, not sure I agree with all of it, but the basics are right on.

        I'll add there are a couple offerings in the 10% section for HD-Space (HDS) that only require a speed test to get an invite. HDS has great movie selections in a variety of formats and lots of free leech. Read the rules so you know how to play in their house. Hit the newly upped FL early and let it seed for a while to build ratio. If you can afford it, a seedbox speeds up the process a lot. Be patient. Good luck.
        That's a good point. The first step to maintaining good ratio is downloading recently-uploaded freeleech stuff (or just freeleech if there are no recent ones) and leave them seeding. The rules are important to read too, of course (hit and run rules, inactivity rules, etc.)

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok, if you want a open tracker to maintain a good ratio, try using Torrentleech.com . They have open signups from time to time and a very good tracker for great pre-time and 0Day contents. I just got signed up @ torrentleech

          Regards
          Abhi
          Regards,
          Macho ;)

          Are you a member of any of the trackers listed below ? Please i need an invite .. PM me please
          HDbits.org | HD-Torrents | Broadcasthenet | TheVault | Bibliotik | MyAnonamouse
          Deepbassnine | Exigo music

          Comment


          • #6
            I use demonoid to proofs

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by OhYesAbhi View Post
              Ok, if you want a open tracker to maintain a good ratio, try using Torrentleech.com . They have open signups from time to time and a very good tracker for great pre-time and 0Day contents. I just got signed up @ torrentleech

              Regards
              Abhi
              You must been talking about TorrentLeech.org not .com - Or I'm not getting something?
              anyway TL.org is not closed for registration.

              Comment


              • #8
                I used Torrenting for that purpose when I started with private trackers in order to have some ratio proofs.
                It has freeleech stuff and a bonus system where you can exchange points for upload credit and raise your upload data relatively quick.
                The content is pretty good too.

                Comment


                • #9
                  In order to start with private tracker, the best way is to first start off with 1 or 2 tracker for each categories. https://opentrackers.org maintains a very good catalog of trackers which are currently open for public registration. Keep an eye on the site to watch out open registration for few popular trackers.

                  Once you're registered with few, start building ratio over there. Affording a seedbox will bring the best you can provide to the community.

                  And, don't forget this site, http://www.torrent-invites.com. Provide help on 'Help' thread. Chat on IRC channel to get acquainted with folks. Once people know you, it's little easier to get invites for elite private tracker.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am just curious to know, why do you think IPT is not a choice as general tracker? I use IPT. And, I do not find anything wrong with it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by achls View Post
                      IPtorrents is not a good place to join, and I would recommend you find alternate trackers (maybe PTP/TehCconnection/AwesomeHD for movies, BTN/TtN/MoTV/ToTV/Freshon for TV, or scene trackers like SCC/DH/TorrentShack, What.CD/Waffles for music).
                      Originally posted by DevilTree View Post
                      I am just curious to know, why do you think IPT is not a choice as general tracker? I use IPT. And, I do not find anything wrong with it.
                      i thinks achls have explain it clear enough

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ibebo View Post
                        If you can afford it, a seedbox speeds up the process a lot. Be patient. Good luck.
                        I have never used a seedbox., but I think I might. The only site where I have real trouble keeping a ratio above 1, is a Russian site. My upload speeds are not fantastic but they are OK (around 17-18-19Mbs). I suspect the problem site is overrun with people using very fast seedboxes.

                        I'm in England. Do you know where I might find reliable reviews for English/EU seedbox providers?

                        Edit: Ignore that last paragraph. I see there's a dedicated seebox thread here.
                        Last edited by exeterboi; October 11, 2015, 02:50 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by exeterboi View Post
                          I have never used a seedbox., but I think I might. The only site where I have real trouble keeping a ratio above 1, is a Russian site. My upload speeds are not fantastic but they are OK (around 17-18-19Mbs). I suspect the problem site is overrun with people using very fast seedboxes.

                          My ul speed is crap but also had good ratios - just took longer. Seems private sites everybody has em. The big plus is the trackers favor the file with the fastest DL speed, and the server is seeding 24/7 w/o using my ip addy. And after recently getting one, wouldn't do it any other way.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Vex20k View Post
                            Hey everyone,

                            I'm trying to get 1 or 2 ratio proofs so I can request an invite for IPT. I've searched the open trackers section but I'm unable to find a proper active one.

                            I've also searched, without results.

                            Hopefully one of you knows a good open tracker to get started.

                            Thanks in advance.
                            torrentbytes - decent tracker with open sign( I use it even after I joined other trackers)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by owl7 View Post
                              torrentbytes - decent tracker with open sign( I use it even after I joined other trackers)
                              Thanks a lot for posting, I have just signed up on there. Finally a good open tracker that has a decent amount of activity!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X