No announcement yet.

Demonoid Breaks Record with 6 Month Downtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's sad. It's like Demonoid went out for a pack of smokes and never came back.

Comment

Originally posted by DIAL210 View Post
      It's sad. It's like Demonoid went out for a pack of smokes and never came back.
      It's ok we have all found richer parents that will take care of us properly.

All this just goes to show that the more they push, and more they push filesharing underground. It wont go away, it will just get prohibitively expensive and difficult to police.
      Power to the people, people.

Comment

Then add An entry into the Guinness book of records

Comment

It is sort of like Lance Armstrong, Being On Top does not last forever, and someone is going to take it all away. At least there is still hope for Demonoid.

Comment

It seems longer than 6 months. I just hope it will somehow come back.

Comment

I miss my Demonoid, not that I used it that much but you could find stuff that you couldn't find on any other tracker, basically it was the ultimate fall-back tracker. Also it was the first tracker i belonged to, so it keeps that little spot in my heart wanting it to come back in its full glory.

Comment

Demonoid was the first tracker I have owned, We missed you, come back soon but stronger !

Comment

Demonoid is the reason why I'm here! They had some nice hard to find content there.

Comment

Demonoid was awesome. And I did find TI in it's absence for that I am grateful.

Comment

Let's start planing the Demonoid has returned party right now!

Comment

Conundrum couldn't have said it better on page 1. I wouldn't be here if DMN hadn't gone down. Best thing that happened to me in the Tracker Biz.

Comment

I still have not found a home since Demonoid went down I wish them all the best of everything it was a nice home for many years.

Comment

But if I understand it right, the content is gone, yes? I've seen a few torrents of archived Demonoid torrents (heh) floating around, but not very many, and if all that data is gone, the tracker/site coming back won't really matter that much. Demonoid was great for the same reason TPB is great: it was large, and people uploaded things there freely because there weren't really any restrictions on what you COULD upload. It was a nice hybrid between public and private: the fact that a ratio system existed at all encouraged seeding, but it was still technically optional. There wasn't too much quality control as to stifle contribution, and yet since one would be risking their account, outright viruses and fakes were uncommon. I'd heard of people getting DMCA from it, so I never really counted it as a private tracker on the level of most of those we discuss here, but still, it had a place.

Once it fell though, people started spreading out and uploading to different places (as this thread has quite dramatically shown). So if Demonoid comes back sans content, will it really return to what it was? I'm not sure, but I'll definitely want back in, if only for old times' sake.

Comment

Working...
                            X