Demonoid Breaks Record with 6 Month Downtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demonoid Breaks Record with 6 Month Downtime

Source: TorrentFreak - by Ernesto - Click on the link Demonoid Breaks Record with 6 Month Downtime

This week itís been six months since Demonoid went offline.
    With more than half a year of downtime Demonoid breaks the previous record it set in 2007/2008.
    When Demonoid went down at the end of July the siteís admin initially blamed a DDoS attack.
    In the days after the raid things went from bad to worse and the siteís Ukrainian hosting provider eventually pulled the plug.
    This action followed a request from Interpol, who assisted Mexican authorities in their criminal investigation into the BitTorrent tracker and its operators.
    Fast forward six-months and Demonoid is still offline.
    However, thereís still a possibility that the site may eventually return.
    The hope of Demonoid users was fueled in November when the tracker briefly returned, as well as by the recent switch to a new .HK domain.
    Time will tell whether Demonoid can indeed make a comeback once again.
    News Picked - Untouched

I don't believe that any record like this should be celebrated.

Comment

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Comment

While I definitely enjoyed using demonoid, them going down for this extended amount of time was almost a good thing for me. It finally convinced me to branch out and explore the world of private trackers much more, and I've become a member of some great communities (including this one!) because of it. I'll be sad if they never come back, but I'm happy at the same time to have moved on.

Comment

Wish they came back, they were on of my favorite trackers!

Comment

I kind of feel the same way that conundrum wrote about above. I do miss them a bit but I also am happy to have even been a part of demonoid in the first place when it was up and running. The same way some people feel about Oink when it was alive and then breathed it's last breath. It had to end eventually, but it sure was good while it lasted. I know that for me demonoid will always hold a special place in my heart regarding the BT world.

Comment

Originally posted by The2ndLaw View Post
              I don't believe that any record like this should be celebrated.
              It is bitter sweet. I hate to see them gone, but I had to look else where and I found T-I.
              They had the hard to find items.

Comment

A moment of commemoration for DMN... Not in joy, but in despair. I am also really upset to have seen them disappear for as long as they have. I still find myself putting in their web address, just in hopes of seeing them make a come back. I too, had a wonderful run with them, and am also glad to have found this community in which I do wish to become a part of.

I guess I am still unaware as to what really happened to them. I am assuming a raid means government saw to it that there was an end to DMN?? Anyone have any other sources on this?

Comment

I miss demonoid... It was one of those "eh I lazy to look i'll go over to demonoid"

Comment

couldnt have said it better conundrum. Same for me, but I do miss there hugh catalouge of ebooks! They had a lot, and by pack/author too, I havent been able to find another decent one for packs since. I use MAM, that's the next best thing.
                    ​"I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?"

Comment

I'm gonna jump on the conundrum bangwagon and simply say well said. It just goes to show, there really is a silver lining to every dark cloud. Demonoid going down really hurt, but on the bright side, a lot of us were forced out of familiar territory and ended up learning a lot. And yeah, DMN was almost too easy, so best not to be lazy all the time.
                      Thanks to the powers that be for VIP

Comment

When I got into reading comic books, Demonoid and TPB were my only sources. Demonoid had the good, hard to find stuff. Then when it went down, and started searching and found ComicBT. In a way, Demo going down proved to be beneficial to me. Nonetheless, I miss Demonoid. I wish it were back.

Comment

I feel the same way. Demonoid was my go to place for everything. When it went down I discovered TI and discovered private trackers. Now if only Demonoid would come back up I would have the best of both worlds!

Comment

I agree also. I am disappointed that they aren't around anymore but I am glad I looked outside of my comfort zone. I used the site almost exclusively and after it went down, things fell silent for awhile. I used private trackers years ago but this development forced me to get serious about it again. I'll go back if possible but not to use the site as my sole community again.

Comment

i am waiting for the day
                              when the whole TI community will celebrate that demonoid is back :[
                              Special thanks to SiniuS for VIP giveaway and those who supported me!

Comment

Working...
                              X