X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best HD encoder groups

HI there,

I have recently been getting a lot more material in HD. I have done a bit of reading and research am download most things at 720p rips. Most of the advice I got in regards to the quality of the rip depends on a good encoding, bit rate etc.

So my question is. Who are some of the better encoding groups to watch out for and what trackers/sites can they be found on? I am hoping to have a list of a few groups who can be trusted for their quality and accuracy for rips.

Thanks in advance.

ESiR and CtrlHD from HDBits are considered the best.

My personal favorite is Wiki from TorrentGUI.

Comment

Wiki is My favorite. if you dont know Wiki, go to TL, search shutter island or book of eli 720p see which group release these wonderful movie at the first time.

Comment

ESiR and CtrlHD are the best for sure....

oh about hte trackers well the realeses come to all trackers eventually though they starts with hdbits I guess...
        wiki is famous for it's fast releases/...normally I have seen there realese on HDbits.ro and awesomeHD.....though not to mention I like FLAWL3SS for some reason....he he theya re on IPT most of the time...lol
        Last edited by forbidden; May 24, 2010, 03:42 AM.

<3 to all My friends here and thx to all who helped me..
        I am more awesome than ScottK .

Comment

Well, I'm far from an expert on these matters, but as far as I am concerned, my first stops for quality HD encodes are HD-Torrents and Awesome-HD. I think both sites (especially A-HD) are quite underrated and people tend to sleep on them since invites to both are usually at least somewhat plentiful. Assuming even modest upload speed, you'd have to do something seriously wrong to have ratio issues at either site.

HD-Torrents features in house encodes from EuReKA and HiDT. EuReKA might be mercurial and thin-skinned but it would be foolish to discount the encodes on that basis. Releases by these groups are either halfleech or freeleech. Releases by other well-respected encode teams, like the ones mentioned elsewhere in this thread tend to migrate to HD-T eventually as well. And EuReKA encodes tend to find their way to other trackers as well.

A-HD has 5 internal encode teams: FoRM, HiFi, decibeL, xander and D-Z0n3. All are pretty well respected as far as I can tell. Releases by these groups are typically freeleech at A-HD (EDIT: With the rollout of v4 at A-HD and with a goal of increasing retention, new internal releases are now anywhere from 25%-75% leech counted--previous releases are still freeleech). Even better, A-HD has its own specifications and classification as it pertains to all HD content (not just internal releases) and encodes done to the AHD Gold standard have not disappointed me yet.

One final thing to keep in mind--all of the scene HD releases make the rounds to the usual suspects: SCC and GFT to TL and RevTT and IPT, etc. Even most of the internal encode releases by well known groups gets uploaded elsewhere eventually, to movie-specific trackers and general trackers. WiKi might release at TorrentGui but their encodes end up everywhere.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I think HDME is on the come. They are probably most notable ATM for their PS3team of internal encoders who specialize in 1080p encodes that can be played directly on the PS3 (so <4GB in size). Offtopic but worth sharing: the sysop of HDME recently started a seedbox service open to members of the site (promoting it in the forums there) and a few members of the site had the courage (stupidity?) to bury the service as a ripoff scheme. I laughed.
          Last edited by Rellik; May 25, 2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

So far I've only been using Bitsoup for rips. I'll have to look into some different trackers, but in the meantime that is where I am at. I will defintely have a peek at the 2 trackers you mentioned Rellik. I've also heard good things about HDBits but gather it is a difficult place to get into.

I've been looking through the groups that pop up on Bitsoup and a lot of the mentioned groups are there.

Wiki, Eureka, ESiR and CtrlHD all show up on Bitsoup.

Some of the other groups that show up frequently are THOR, SiNNERS, FLAWL3SS, CiNEFiLE, Monstie and METiS. Does anybody have information on them?

Comment

It would be interesting to make a poll in this thread, and then we will have organized statistics. Something like 3 votes per pearson.

Comment

Originally posted by vtaugusto View Post
                It would be interesting to make a poll in this thread, and then we will have organized statistics. Something like 3 votes per pearson.
                So make a list of a few nominated encoder groups and the users here vote for who they think is the best? Makes sense to me. I am not sure how that would work so I'll just wait to see if there is more interest.

Comment

I'm on the lookout for an HD only tracker as well - so this thread has been bookmarked!

Comment

CtrlHD rulz indeed.

Comment

I haven't yet joined very many exclusive private trackers, but in the public torrent world, the best encodes that I have found to date have all been handled by the PS3Team, mentioned above first by Rellik. The encodes are fantastic quality and as Rellik mentioned are normally kept under 4GB to overcome FAT32 limitations when loading to an external device for playback. Most of their releases are in M2TS format and work great even when not played on a PS3 - I play them on my computer using VLC all the time. I have downloaded PS3Team encodes at 4GB and other releases at 10GB and cannot tell the difference on my 1080P 600HZ plasma. Their releases are great! Recently, they have moved to HDME, and part of my reason for joining this site is to seek out an invite. They have tons of older releases available on TPB and Demonoid however, and currently I have over 1TB of their releases.

Comment

Originally posted by ZooLi0 View Post
                        I haven't yet joined very many exclusive private trackers, but in the public torrent world, the best encodes that I have found to date have all been handled by the PS3Team, mentioned above first by Rellik. The encodes are fantastic quality and as Rellik mentioned are normally kept under 4GB to overcome FAT32 limitations when loading to an external device for playback. Most of their releases are in M2TS format and work great even when not played on a PS3 - I play them on my computer using VLC all the time. I have downloaded PS3Team encodes at 4GB and other releases at 10GB and cannot tell the difference on my 1080P 600HZ plasma. Their releases are great! Recently, they have moved to HDME, and part of my reason for joining this site is to seek out an invite. They have tons of older releases available on TPB and Demonoid however, and currently I have over 1TB of their releases.
                        Yep, the PS3 team always release great encodes. Amazing quality for such a small filesize and it's so convenient to just bang it onto an external drive or even stream it on to the PS3 using the PS3 media server. By the way if you're interested in a HDME invite I hav one here. Just ask! :001_smile:

http://www.torrent-invites.com/low-l...dme-eu-x1.html

Comment

I always search for iHD releases first. They are iplay's internal group and do an excellent job. If iHD releases are not available I go with CtrlHD or wiki...both are great groups.

Comment

Originally posted by andi View Post
                            I always search for iHD releases first. They are iplay's internal group and do an excellent job. If iHD releases are not available I go with CtrlHD or wiki...both are great groups.
                            hi dude,if you really like iHD realeases, you can join in the iplay(iplay4) . Iplay has a trial account for guests and you will become a normal user of the private tracker as long as you have kept a good ratio after the seven-day-trial period.

What's a trial account?

A trial accont means that you are in a test period. You have a limit of 7 torrents which you can download OR a download limit of 7 Gb. Beside this you cannot send private messages to other users and you cannot post in forum.

When I promote from trial user?

If after 7 days you are eligible for promotion your account will have no more limitation, thus becoming a normal user.

How can I promote

You can promote from trial to full user account in two ways:
                            1) After the 7 days trial period if your global ratio is 1.5 or greater you are eligible for promotion, but promotion must be approved by staff.
                            2) By making a donation, in this way your account will be converted from trial to full automatically.

Comment

I am really lucky to get into Torrentgui and enjoy WiKi's releases at the first place. Often I will get 2X upload and free leech for the wonderful releases of WiKi,especiallly jaychu128's encoders.

Comment

Working...
                              X