Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTN open registration??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Anyone know the wait time? I know someone said earlier that it took 40 minutes but i have been waiting for about 3 hours. My theory is a lot of people signed up. I just hope they don't have a cap on the number of people they will let in.

    Comment


    • #47
      i got accepted after 4hrs..

      Comment


      • #48
        Thanks alot for sharing mate!! :D
        It says accepted on the page, but haven't recieved an email yet, but i should just wait a day or two right?
        sigpic
        In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

        Member: GFT, PTP, BG, IPT, Waffles.fm, What.cd, BtN


        Comment


        • #49
          Wow, i just checked back and I also have been accepted. Thank you PIKMIKY for making it possible for me to soon to be a member at this wonderful site.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Lucky21 View Post
            PIKMIKY, please read their(PTN's) rules.
            I thought most trackers had a rule that you should not give invites away on internet forums. Oh.. wait.... we aren't really playing by tracker rules here 100%.

            I understand it's the wishes of the T-I staff that we let these trackers keep their secrecy, but honestly... the idea of using stars in place of letters in acronyms, hiding urls, and keeping everything hush hush, (when in reality sites like this wouldn't even exist if these trackers had their way) seems silly to me.

            When it comes to open registration, that's the tracker themselves letting up on rules, how are you supposed to get your friends invited if you don't give them the link. We are all friends here, right?
            sigpic
            Need help? PM me and I'll find you the answer.

            Comment


            • #51
              Its not very hard to to find the url yourself people are just lazy. In the time it takes them waiting for the pm they could of googled it.

              Comment


              • #52
                Well the think is Jschro14, if the tracker came out in public announcing its open for signups and here's the url, then people who wouldn't be much of an improvement would join the site, however if your an experienced torrenter, and know what these acronyms mean, that means you probably know what the site is, what content it has, and if you might be interested in it. These are the people that PTN are looking for to join the site, not just the average person who joins random sites because they have open signups. I may be wrong, but this is how I see it. Please state your opinion if you think otherwise.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Got accepted 10 minutes after application, now the wait for the invite :D

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    got accepted too. hope they send the invitation fast. :D

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by gujuthugster View Post
                      Well the think is Jschro14, if the tracker came out in public announcing its open for signups and here's the url, then people who wouldn't be much of an improvement would join the site, however if your an experienced torrenter, and know what these acronyms mean, that means you probably know what the site is, what content it has, and if you might be interested in it. These are the people that PTN are looking for to join the site, not just the average person who joins random sites because they have open signups. I may be wrong, but this is how I see it. Please state your opinion if you think otherwise.
                      That sounds pretty logical, I just feel like in a community like this where we should all be able to trust each other it feels somehow... sketchy, to have to be so secretive. T-I is the closest knit community I've been a part of online, so knowing people keep secrets even within it's walls just kinda feels wrong in some ways.
                      sigpic
                      Need help? PM me and I'll find you the answer.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Jschro14 View Post
                        That sounds pretty logical, I just feel like in a community like this where we should all be able to trust each other it feels somehow... sketchy, to have to be so secretive. T-I is the closest knit community I've been a part of online, so knowing people keep secrets even within it's walls just kinda feels wrong in some ways.
                        I think that too kinda, however we do have some members here that shouldn't be here (a prime example would be the people already in the chopping block and future members that will be there)

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          i think it ll take a day or two for ptn to send an invite

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Woot i got accpeted ..... now just the wait time. anyways since you cant post the direct link here on the forums, can you post a link at a web site that redirects you to the banned link and then post the redirect link here?

                            tl;dr Can i use http://brofi.st to link the ptn page here?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              One tip, i figured the link myself hint :
                              Pirate-net
                              .

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by gujuthugster View Post
                                I think that too kinda, however we do have some members here that shouldn't be here (a prime example would be the people already in the chopping block and future members that will be there)
                                True enough. Pity it is how it is though.


                                As far as PTN is concerned, if you're reading this and haven't signed up yet, DO IT.

                                Then play me in black jack so I can steal 500mb of upload credit from you.
                                sigpic
                                Need help? PM me and I'll find you the answer.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X