This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you manage your torrents?

Like many people I use uTorrent. It's a good application, it runs fast, but it's not that good to manage the torrents imo!

I use the option

Append the torrent's label
    and I try to label each type of torrent I download so it's downloaded in a particular folder and it's labeled inside uTorrent. This system is not that bad, but when I have a lot of torrents in uTorrent it's hard to navigate them/search them.

Is there a better way to manage your torrents?

I don't have that much of a system down for managing mine. I usually order them based on upload ratio, so that I can check which ones I need to increase bandwidth to and which ones I need to bump from uTorrent.

Comment

Yea, I usually just manually organize them into my folders.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate67 View Post
        Yea, I usually just manually organize them into my folders.
        But are they organized in your torrent client?

Comment

i just label them on trackers and i download those to a particular folder on my computer corresponding to the filetype. For instance tv in my tv episodes folder with tv show name folder. movies hd in my hd folder, music unsorted in my music unsorted folder etc etc.

don't know what exactly you trying to look for?

Comment

Originally posted by myfm View Post
            i just label them on trackers and i download those to a particular folder on my computer corresponding to the filetype. For instance tv in my tv episodes folder with tv show name folder. movies hd in my hd folder, music unsorted in my music unsorted folder etc etc.

don't know what exactly you trying to look for?
            But inside uTorrent, all your torrents are in a flat view right?

There is no way to filter or search the torrents... No way to create folders inside uTorrent. That's the kind of feature that would help managing the torrents imo.

Comment

i dont know what you mean with flat view. and as far as i know you cant search within utorrent.

labelling is some kind of organizing you could ofcourse label the torrents on movies hd and have them downloaded to your folder on the computer which is movies.

right now i got about 50 running and its pretty organized for me. dont know how many torrents you have running which makes it very unorganized?

Comment

Well, you can filter by label, that's true... But I find the ways or organizing torrents inside uTorrent is pretty rudimentary. I would prefere some kind of virtual folders/subfolders.

Comment

I just use labels. Movies, Music, TV, etc etc. Easiest that way.

Comment

Originally posted by tata668 View Post
                    Well, you can filter by label, that's true... But I find the ways or organizing torrents inside uTorrent is pretty rudimentary. I would prefere some kind of virtual folders/subfolders.
                    i dont know exactly what you mean in terms of end result with the virtual folders thing but anyway atm i think the organizing in utorrent is pretty decent. right now i cant think of a way that it could improve pretty satisfied user here :)

Comment

Originally posted by myfm View Post
                      i dont know exactly what you mean in terms of end result with the virtual folders thing but anyway atm i think the organizing in utorrent is pretty decent. right now i cant think of a way that it could improve pretty satisfied user here :)
                      Hey, as long as you're satisfied!

Comment

Working...
                      X