Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that What.CD is gone, what are good alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that What.CD is gone, what are good alternatives?

Hey guys,

Now that What.CD is gone, what's the next best thing?
    (any other tracker out there with Vinyl rips?)

Many thanks,
    L.

rutracker,libble

Comment

Originally posted by SurgeonSeiz View Post
      rutracker,libble

I just started trying to figure RU out. The site is so messy, disorganized. The classifications/genres aren't like any other site so it's a bit confusing. However, I think there is a lot of potential there. While I don't think anything can come close to replacing WCD, I want to upload my entire CD collection and downloads to any and every music site available. I was going to start with RU but I haven't even found where to upload yet.

Comment

While it may seem tempting to set up camp at another site right away, I believe it is better to wait at this point in time.
        I wouldn't be surprised if a better option than ru will pop up in a little while.

Comment

rutracker is fine and easy to maintain. however they have weird site. It looks like forum not like classic tracker.

Comment

I'm going to wait. I haven't used rutracker, but I've heard some weird opinions about it. I'd prefer to put all my effort into a tracker that upholds strict ripping and uploading rules like WCD.

And, you never know... Waffles might boop back up again soon. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lachtan View Post
              rutracker is fine and easy to maintain. however they have weird site. It looks like forum not like classic tracker.
              Yes, it is crappy piece of forum software adapted to be a tracker. Total mess. Leaving aside the lack of decent policies and tons of idiots grabbing CDs however they please.

Comment

Sounds terrible. Definitely a good idea to wait guys.

Comment

Big brother is always watching the public trackers. Beware

Comment

Originally posted by Proleteriat View Post
                    Big brother is always watching the public trackers. Beware
                    Also and private,for example bgg,what.cd etc

Rutracker yes is not like what.cd but you can find everythink

Comment

Originally posted by SurgeonSeiz View Post
                      Also and private,for example bgg,what.cd etc

Rutracker yes is not like what.cd but you can find everythink
                      What everythink? Jon Bon Jovi albums?
                      WCD was for music lovers, not Spotify audience.

Comment

Originally posted by sidr View Post
                        What everythink? Jon Bon Jovi albums?
                        WCD was for music lovers, not Spotify audience.
                        i totally agree. 90% of the music i listen to is not exactly "radio friendly". most music i listen to is hard to find to begin with,but What had it all in great qualities as well. I am so sad and don't know what i am going to do now....i'm sure the few sites that do deal in FLAC won't have hardly any of the bands i will be looking for....

Comment

Waiting for WCD reborn, I am sure there will be a new project, sooner or later.

Comment

With waffles and what out of the picture right now and new albums out I need, I am in a very dark place. Rutracker does not have what I am looking for right now.

Comment

Originally posted by xBluex View Post
                              With waffles and what out of the picture right now and new albums out I need, I am in a very dark place. Rutracker does not have what I am looking for right now.
                              What kinda music you after? Some of the general trackers are ok for scene music... SCC for example. I know its nothing compared to what... But we will have to make do for now

Comment

Working...
                              X