Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that What.CD is gone, what are good alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dwguy View Post
    BroadcasTheNet I think
    BTN is for TV shows.

Comment

Try rutracker, it has albums from big music tracker(s).

Comment

rutracker does my job recently.

but i miss what.cd so much.

Comment

How about waffles?

Comment

Redacted/Apollo -> You need to make preseed here, to fill requests&upload to grow up your ratio .
            Waffles it's very accesible for all , you can download from another place e-learning videos etc and upload here ..and i know from my experience that will be downloaded .
            Rutracker also is very good for flacs..it's one of my favorites .

Comment

Redacted is perfect and Apollo was good but recently this tracker is down

Comment

What.cd s Good alternative is Apollo.

Comment

Redacted is the closest thing to What.

Edit: Identical actually except that they don't have quite as many torrents yet.

Comment

Originally posted by lastop41 View Post
                    Redacted is the closest thing to What.

Edit: Identical actually except that they don't have quite as many torrents yet.
                    Ya , but Redacted is very hard to join .

Sent from my HM NOTE 1S using Tapatalk

Comment

I have found Waffles and Apollo to be brilliant alternatives to What.cd. I have to say I prefer Waffles purely as I have been a member there for a while and used the site very frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by DYankee View Post
                        Ya , but Redacted is very hard to join .

Sent from my HM NOTE 1S using Tapatalk
                        Damn trying trying to remember how I got in..... Think it was through a recruitment thread on another tracker. I'll check and see if they have the application process like What did.

Comment

Originally posted by janjanjan View Post
                          I have found Waffles and Apollo to be brilliant alternatives to What.cd. I have to say I prefer Waffles purely as I have been a member there for a while and used the site very frequently.
                          Which site has more activity? I only have waffles and it seems very inactive. Maybe thats just me, comparing it to what.cd

Comment

Originally posted by kazaa View Post
                            Which site has more activity? I only have waffles and it seems very inactive. Maybe thats just me, comparing it to what.cd
                            Yeah I think that is fair to say. In my opinion Apollo is probably more active than waffles. Apollo is more of an attempt to replace What.CD as far as I can tell.

Comment

rutracker

Comment

Originally posted by ChumbaWumba View Post

I just started trying to figure RU out. The site is so messy, disorganized. The classifications/genres aren't like any other site so it's a bit confusing. However, I think there is a lot of potential there. While I don't think anything can come close to replacing WCD, I want to upload my entire CD collection and downloads to any and every music site available. I was going to start with RU but I haven't even found where to upload yet.
                                totally agree with you, its quite a mission to actually put an upload onsite, i tried and did succeed eventually, {with a few warnings} not done another one since, but having said that lucky enough there are alot of people out there who do post material to rutracker, so i still recommend it :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X