Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that What.CD is gone, what are good alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I m old member too. I from hong kong. start on oink. any good scene music trackers ??

Comment

Originally posted by garyhk001 View Post
      I m old member too. I from hong kong. start on oink. any good scene music trackers ??
      Scene music trackers? Try the general trackers with 0day releases. I'd suggest that you look into joining Apollo or passtheheadphones. Both trackers are actually quite decent. Look for invites for Apollo. PTH is much more challenging right now. Some gazelle trackers have PTH recruiters in the invite forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Proleteriat View Post
        Apollo is looking very promising at this moment. The music library is growing really fast and some of my personal rarities are already there.
        I can second that. Apollo is growing at a impressive rate. While there is no such thing as "replacing" What.CD (in the same sense that What.CD didn't "replace" Oink), I've got nothing but praise for the Apollo community. Over 368k torrents and counting, plus very experienced staff keeping it tidy. Lots of old geezers like me (Baby Napsters...) as well as former What.cd members and even some enthusiastic newcomers. Apollo is certainly a cool tracker to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by SeedCat View Post
          I can second that. Apollo is growing at a impressive rate. While there is no such thing as "replacing" What.CD (in the same sense that What.CD didn't "replace" Oink), I've got nothing but praise for the Apollo community. Over 368k torrents and counting, plus very experienced staff keeping it tidy. Lots of old geezers like me (Baby Napsters...) as well as former What.cd members and even some enthusiastic newcomers. Apollo is certainly a cool tracker to visit.
          Definitely. I would also suggest that you try to join passtheheadphones too. PTH has more torrents and perfect places than Apollo. One of these two will take crown from wcd.

Comment

Definitely. I would also suggest that you try to join passtheheadphones too. PTH has more torrents and perfect places than Apollo. One of these two will take crown from wcd.
            Any idea how to go about joining pth at this time? I hung around their irc channel for three days before being told the channel was strictly for recruiting ex-WCD power users and above.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
              Any idea how to go about joining pth at this time? I hung around their irc channel for three days before being told the channel was strictly for recruiting ex-WCD power users and above.
              If you were a previous PU and above at wcd then you can request an invite but you will need proof of your membership and PU class and above. They want to see screen shots of your user class and profile. Also I've heard that including two ratio proofs from other trackers will help as well.

But the easiest way to get an invite is to search the recruiting thread at the invite forums at btn, ptp, and other gazelle trackers.

PTH is recruiting wcd interviewers to start an irc interview process. That could be a way in soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SeedCat View Post
                I think that Apollo will replace waffles and PTH will replace wcd. Just thinking about it [emoji846]

Comment

Apollo and PasstheHeadphones are great(only) alternatives
                  ..thanks to gblaze for my avatar

Some persons have an daunting presence, one that can foretell fear in their opponents eyes and bring a sense of vanquish right away. Whether it be their proficiency in their respected field or simply, their stature, intimidation comes to mind when speaking of him..an exalted

Comment

Apollo.rip is good so far.

Comment

I think that Apollo will replace waffles and PTH will replace wcd. Just thinking about it [emoji846]
                      Can be! Although Apollo runs on Gazelle and I can see the focus on "rarities" / categorization, etc. Having said that, I can see the resemblance between the communities (i.e., Apollo is very welcoming). Since you mentioned Waffles, the whole "move to .ch" domain / mysterious shutdown / financial problem stuff is weird. I do hope that they come back, other than maybe Pedro's (never managed to get a invite :)), Waffles was probably one of the best places for Perfect Flacs (and yes, there is serious potential for that on Apollo as well :)).

Comment

Good luck with joining Pedro's and the like. These invites come across through friends

Comment

I still looking good music site. Apollo is good. PTH haven't invite :) reddit users said notwhat.CD is good too. but I haven't any proof of what.cd

Comment

Good luck with joining Pedro's and the like. These invites come across through friends
                            Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't xbtmusic the same thing as Pedro's? If so, they currently have this: XBTMUSIC PROSPECTIVE UPLOADER PROGRAMME, which could be an opening for him.

Comment

Originally posted by garyhk001 View Post
                              I still looking good music site. Apollo is good. PTH haven't invite :) reddit users said notwhat.CD is good too. but I haven't any proof of what.cd
                              notwhat is small but a really good community, even without proof of wcd membership i would urge you to connect to their irc and have a go at trying to get in. can't hurt to try, right?

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                                notwhat is small but a really good community, even without proof of wcd membership i would urge you to connect to their irc and have a go at trying to get in. can't hurt to try, right?
                                yesterday chat on irc they need proof :(

Comment

Working...
                                X