Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best current BitTorrent Client for Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best current BitTorrent Client for Mac?

What is the best current BitTorrent Client for Mac?
    I've been using Transmission for a long time but keep reading about malware problems!

Deluge is good and widely supported

Comment

I think Deluge is the best current BitTorrent Client for Mac too. Deluge is lightweight.

Comment

You could also look into qBittorrent, I really like it myself and it's quite stable. It includes an RSS reader (on Windows, at least.) and it has a very stable web-ui you can turn on. The web-ui does miss quite a few features, but if you don't need it that won't matter.

Comment

Transmission! By far the best imo. A client design and created for unix. Simple, fast, light.

The attacks that took place two times had nothing to do with program itself. Is so bad that people are keep targeting and corrupting the open source model.

+ Great thing for any unix and most for macos, if something like this comes up, the whole internet know it in few hours and the terminal commands (or tools) to remove the "bad" things are shared.

In your position, I would stick to transmission. Nothing to be afraid. And get macos Sierra btw.

Comment

Originally posted by pb_teo View Post
            Transmission! By far the best imo. A client design and created for unix. Simple, fast, light.

The attacks that took place two times had nothing to do with program itself. Is so bad that people are keep targeting and corrupting the open source model.

+ Great thing for any unix and most for macos, if something like this comes up, the whole internet know it in few hours and the terminal commands (or tools) to remove the "bad" things are shared.

In your position, I would stick to transmission. Nothing to be afraid. And get macos Sierra btw.
            Thanks I think I will.
            I've been using Transmission for years.. haven't updated to Sierra yet, how are you liking it?

Comment

Originally posted by vic_c View Post
              Thanks I think I will.
              I've been using Transmission for years.. haven't updated to Sierra yet, how are you liking it?
              I have been here for months still first beta. Still on public beta running 10.12.1 and man, I am 100% happy. Smooth, fast, seems bug free with mostly under the hood improvements. If you want to see other opinions too, check macrumors or other mac communities. I strongly advise you to upgrade. Btw I have imac 21.5 mid 2010 model ^_^ .
              And yeah, stick with transmission.

Comment

One option that hasn't been mentioned here is rTorrent + ruTorrent

Comment

Working...
                X