Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it necessary to use a different email for each private tracker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it necessary to use a different email for each private tracker?

I know that I should use a different email to sign up for private trackers then what I used on TI but do I need a different email for each private tracker or can I just use one for all of them?

That is your choice to make. But make sure not to have the same email here as on tracker you use.

Comment

You can use the same email in all private trackers but it must be different than the email in this forum.

Comment

The reason is if you register using your TI email, they will find out you got an invite from this forum and will probably ban you from their private tracker.

Comment

I've read a few posts here that advise using a different e-mail for each tracker but found a few problems with that. One, many trackers are now requiring g-mails and prohibiting yahoo and hotmail accounts. Well, I started setting up different gmail accounts but was only permitted to create 4 or maybe 5 (including the gmails I had for personal, non-tracker use.) Apparently, you can only have about 4 or 5 per phone number. (I'm not comfortable giving google all my digits.) Another problem is that it's freaking confusing and extremely difficult trying to remember which e-mail is associated with each tracker. In my experience, that could lead to bigger problems.

So, having a unique TI e-mail is definitely a must. I also prefer keeping anything torrent/tracker related separate from my personal e-mail account. I think 3 e-mail accounts would be the minimum.

Comment

I have several that I use for tackers, but 1 that I use only for TI.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellsheer View Post
              I have several that I use for tackers, but 1 that I use only for TI.
              Damn. And this is why you roam the forums haha. I almost made a mistake haha.

Comment

It's worth using several. 1 for each tracker is overkill.

Comment

im using multiple mails with mail client, its your choice :)

Comment

This is an interesting topic for me because I don't quite understand the rationale for having multiple email addresses for trackers. I guess I understand why the TI one should be different but why the trackers?

Comment

Originally posted by EliteX280 View Post
                      Damn. And this is why you roam the forums haha. I almost made a mistake haha.
                      Same here! Phew.. never even occurred to me!

Comment

Originally posted by whimsy View Post
                        This is an interesting topic for me because I don't quite understand the rationale for having multiple email addresses for trackers. I guess I understand why the TI one should be different but why the trackers?
                        It's easy, if anything went down on that tracker, you don't want your whole life goes down. Tracker admins are humans and can contact with each other if one of them understands that you were on TI. It's easier than matching IP address of a person on different trackers.

Comment

Because sometimes tracker staff is stupid and can ban you for nothing, if you have same e-mail on several trackers you will get negative rep penalty.

I also got banned for nothing one time but after month I managed to get back and staff said "they are sorry". Well if I didn't got unbanned and used same e-mail then I would have mess on the other sites I used same e-mail.

For the trackers you suspect that staff may be idiots better use other e-mail than usual.

Regards

Comment

You could always get your own email - pretty cheaply from many providers - and then create an alias for each tracker you went on. As long as your domain was something neutral, it would certainly appear as if each email was from a different person. This would also have the added benefit of a singular inbox for all associated aliases so that you wouldn't have to log into each and ever account.

It's one way to do it if you're absolutely paranoid. I'm paranoid, but I'm also just a little lazy

Comment

Originally posted by MBR View Post
                              You could always get your own email - pretty cheaply from many providers - and then create an alias for each tracker you went on. As long as your domain was something neutral, it would certainly appear as if each email was from a different person. This would also have the added benefit of a singular inbox for all associated aliases so that you wouldn't have to log into each and ever account.

It's one way to do it if you're absolutely paranoid. I'm paranoid, but I'm also just a little lazy
                              Neutral domain for email is something that can be easily neglected.
                              To add another point why use different emails for different trackers is the reason you use different aliases and different passwords for each one. If you use the same alias and password and if the website is secure then you only have to worry about staff using your username and password on different tracker which I doubt they will have time to do so. Even they password may be salt hashed and can't be used. But you don't do so! That goes with email address too.

Comment

Working...
                              X