Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrenting in Denmark

Hello fellow torrent-inviters,

I moved in Denmark in September and I have been downloading all sorts of things like crazy ever since. Recently I heard from two different sources about people who received mail from a law-firm (protecting production-company's interests maybe - I'm not clear on the details) accusing them of pirating and asking them to pay a fine unless they wanted to get sued. Is there anyone from or living in Denmark for a long period of time who can confirm whether pirating is being actively prosecuted here?

Originally posted by johnlake View Post
    Hello fellow torrent-inviters,

I moved in Denmark in September and I have been downloading all sorts of things like crazy ever since. Recently I heard from two different sources about people who received mail from a law-firm (protecting production-company's interests maybe - I'm not clear on the details) accusing them of pirating and asking them to pay a fine unless they wanted to get sued. Is there anyone from or living in Denmark for a long period of time who can confirm whether pirating is being actively prosecuted here?

It would seem of recent, they've been cracking down from all the articles about it. However, like any Country that states: this is an illegal venture, there are people who will receive such letters. I would point towards more who your ISP. I mean, I received an invoice from Cox Communication years ago due to someone on my wireless. But we all know the story about them. ;) There is however a law firm by the name of MAQS

Comment

I don't think anyone has actually taken a case to court yet, but if you restrict yourself to private trackers you should be a lot safer already.

Comment

Working...
      X