Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you hate most about the torrent culture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you hate most about the torrent culture?

For me it's easy... anyone who complains about something they willfully downloaded.

I just generally dislike anyone who mistakes piracy for consumerism, and in turn acts entitled. I partake in piracy myself, but have no entitlements; given or assumed.

So does everyone think the torrent culture is perfect then?

Comment

Hostile moderators, poorly marked uploads and having my download rights taken away by terrible people at bitsoup because I did not give them money, despie having upload 2-3TB.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla View Post
        Hostile moderators, poorly marked uploads and having my download rights taken away by terrible people at bitsoup because I did not give them money, despie having upload 2-3TB.
        That is simply pathetic of them. All donations should be 100% willful.

Comment

The lack of interest in this thread, which actually explores the culture we have in the torrent world, while people are starting more threads to ask remedial questions - while also exposing their own ignorance.

Like they say... ignorance is bliss.

Why think and comment on the culture you're part of when you can just be oblivious to everything around you? This is the exact same reason people use, and even recommend, uTorrent.

Anyway... I tried to stir some thoughts here, but have failed, so on with obliviousness!

Comment

I think the thing that bothers me the most, is all the people who have issues with an upload, because they don't read the included text files/comments on the torrent.
            Also, all the people who leave comments about "OMG, AVG SAYS IT"S A VIRUS!" - especially on stuff like mp3 and avi files. It's like.. son... I don't even...

Comment

When torrents are placed in the wrong category and then deleted/re-uploaded so you have to manually remove and restart the torrent with a new file. For the most part everyone knows whats going on and there really aren't that many problems.

Comment

I think the fear of reprimand for any rule violation / mistake from new users. It's not an easy culture to jump right into, need to take it slow and learn.

Comment

The rules of most of the trackers are retarded. I don't know what yout think or feel, but for me one tracker with 5000-10000 users is almost dead. Torrenting is very good when are many users and many seeds. The elitism without any reason for me is stupid. The greate content is where are many users. You, as a trackers if you can't have uploaders to upload content, let the people to do that without being an a*s.

The other thing that i hate is that trackers = relese grup
                  For me, the best tracker was DOCS. I finded there what i never belived i will find. I finded that things because people uploaded old stuff without any problem. For books or movies, it's a big problem finding them if they are old or non-populare stuff. Even if you want to buy them, it's hard if they are old.

Comment

Sarcasm and hostility when asking a simple question. Everyone was new at some point. And if you can't find the answers you seek by doing your own research, you must ask for help. We've all had to do it at one point or another.

Comment

Yeah, I agree that sarcasm against new users is one of the biggest problems. Especially because the more good users we have on a tracker, the better it'll be. And what quicker way to do that than by helping the newbies and calmly explaining it to them when they made an innocent mistake or need help?

Comment

Trackers starting to charge money / agressively looking for donations.

Comment

I am uploader in a private tracker of my country.
                          it's one of the best here, but it's not as big as monsters like IPT and SCC.
                          I hate the fact that many users think that uploaders are obligated to them.
                          we spend money on seedboxes, and time to make all these uploads, and still most of them think that we are sitting in a computer all day long with nothing else to do, so we are obligated to find everything that they are request. especially ebooks. like ebooks are growing in trees and it's so easy to find them!!
                          not to start of course with seeding rules that are always forgotten!!

Comment

For me it is the fact that staff in some big trackers treat their users like disposable garbage, since there are many people trying to get in. Sometimes it feels like that "the experiment" movie, where some people got a symbolical power position over people and hell broke loose.
                            Also from that position comes a sense of "we are better than everything that has ever existed" so no respect to the scene or certain release groups or even similar trackers.

Comment

hate the fact its so hard to get into some trackers!

not suppose to be like that.. thats not piracy folks

Comment

Working...
                              X