Dream BitTorrent entertainment system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream BitTorrent entertainment system

If you were going to design a home theater for movies, TV shows and music where all of the media content was powered by BitTorrent, what components would you buy?

I currently have a traditional setup: LED flat panel, 5.1 AV receiver, TiVo, Blu-Ray player, etc. Most of my content is purchased from either Netflix or the cable company. Occasionally I supplement that content with something from BitTorrent. My desktop computer is in another room and I want to watch shows from the comfort of the sofa, so I either burn them to DVD or transfer them over WiFi to the TiVo.

Anyway, if I had to start over it seems like it should be possible to put together a neat system that automatically downloads your favorite shows to your preferred viewing device. What would such a system look like?

Originally posted by gt9589 View Post
    My desktop computer is in another room and I want to watch shows from the comfort of the sofa, so I either burn them to DVD or transfer them over WiFi to the TiVo.
    You burn them to DVD just to take them to a different room in your house? Are you serious? Talk about a waste of time, money and energy!

Plex! All you need is Plex, really. Some people have overly complicated systems with stuff like SickBeard but I see all that as pointless. The effort to set it up and maintain it is probably higher than the time it takes to just download things manually.

I torrent either on my seedbox or at home, and put all my files in a place that Plex is watching, and it sorts everything out for me. I generally use it on Chromecast, but as soon as the Xbox One client comes out of beta (becomes available to buy rather than requiring a subscription) I'll be switching over to that.

Comment

Working...
    X