Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waffles vs what.cd

Hey guys ;

I was wondering which is better and how can I get invited to each?
    giving the fact that my country is blocked in what.cd

what.cd

Comment

What.cd invites may still be open even if the IRC interview is banned. You will have to confirm that, though you should definitely not try to get in if your country is banned.

Waffles is a good alternative. It's not well-organised as What, and doesn't have nearly the same amount of content, but it's a decent alternative, and maintaining ratio is easier (download occasional freeleech torrents and keep seeding). Rutracker is another alternative which is open registration and ratiofree but maybe shutting down soon.

Comment

Waffles is a nice site, been using it for years. Its got about 300k torrents so you wont be short of music.

Comment

what.cd > waffles, but that doesn't mean that waffles is not good. I'm quite satisfied with waffles and it's possible to maintain a good ratio by downloading the monthly freeleech torrents, or by rss-ing just the freeleech whenever they appear.

Comment

I also agree that ruTracker is a great source for finding music. I often find What.cd uploads there but are much easier to seed back.

Comment

Originally posted by Chirionorse View Post
              I also agree that ruTracker is a great source for finding music. I often find What.cd uploads there but are much easier to seed back.
              I am not a member of either, but the way I see it, either of them would be great if you are part of that community.

Comment

Originally posted by JHawk24 View Post
                I am not a member of either, but the way I see it, either of them would be great if you are part of that community.
                I think I remember reading that ruTracker now allows people without account to access their website and they have changed their links to magnet links. Have a look and see if you can access their stuff, you might be able to at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chirionorse View Post
                  I think I remember reading that ruTracker now allows people without account to access their website and they have changed their links to magnet links. Have a look and see if you can access their stuff, you might be able to at the moment.
                  Thanks for the info!

Comment

Agree that what.cd is better organized and has more content. Being that your country is banned though waffles is a good choice.

Comment

What.cd is definitely the better tracker. Let me go through specifically what makes what a better tracker.

- What runs on gazelle, has a multitude of filtering options for finding artists, whereas waffles hasn't updated the layout of their site in many years

- What has more content. It isn't even a contest. over 2 million torrents when compared to 300k or so. If you can't find it on what, you probably can't find it anywhere

- Though this doesn't apply to your specific case, their interview/vetting process is very generous. there is this paradoxical idea among many trackers that one must be part of another tracker to get into one. obviously this makes it difficult to get your foot in the door. as long as you learn the rules you can have no prior torrenting experience and get into what. so how does this help you? Indirectly, it creates a portion of the user base that is grateful to what.cd, and want to contribute back, thus you see a large percentage of the user base contributing content to the site.

- An active and vibrant community. This is an oft overlooked but in my opinion the most important part of any tracker. a good community and forum is what makes a tracker, and what has the most active and passionate community of any tracker that I've seen. They have well organized forums that are well populated, in part thanks to the larger number of users present on what than your average tracker.

- A gateway to many more trackers than waffles. even elusive invites such as those from the likes of BTN and bibliotik can be had through what.cd's recruitment threads. what has more recruitment threads than I've seen on any tracker, and since maintaining a ratio on what is difficult when compared to the majority of trackers, a good ratio on what is a great thing to have when applying to other trackers.

That is what's only downside really, is that starting out; getting a good ratio is tough. I currently seed 1300 torrents and that nets me about 1.5GB of upload most days. thankfully what always has freeleech torrents to DL to help you get ratio, and if you can snag freeleech torrents quickly after they are made available you should have no trouble. to give you an idea last time FL torrents went up I managed to snag them about 30 minutes after they were made available and I netted 60+GB, which goes very far where music is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Variant View Post
                        What.cd is definitely the better tracker. Let me go through specifically what makes what a better tracker.

- What runs on gazelle, has a multitude of filtering options for finding artists, whereas waffles hasn't updated the layout of their site in many years

- What has more content. It isn't even a contest. over 2 million torrents when compared to 300k or so. If you can't find it on what, you probably can't find it anywhere

- Though this doesn't apply to your specific case, their interview/vetting process is very generous. there is this paradoxical idea among many trackers that one must be part of another tracker to get into one. obviously this makes it difficult to get your foot in the door. as long as you learn the rules you can have no prior torrenting experience and get into what. so how does this help you? Indirectly, it creates a portion of the user base that is grateful to what.cd, and want to contribute back, thus you see a large percentage of the user base contributing content to the site.

- An active and vibrant community. This is an oft overlooked but in my opinion the most important part of any tracker. a good community and forum is what makes a tracker, and what has the most active and passionate community of any tracker that I've seen. They have well organized forums that are well populated, in part thanks to the larger number of users present on what than your average tracker.

- A gateway to many more trackers than waffles. even elusive invites such as those from the likes of BTN and bibliotik can be had through what.cd's recruitment threads. what has more recruitment threads than I've seen on any tracker, and since maintaining a ratio on what is difficult when compared to the majority of trackers, a good ratio on what is a great thing to have when applying to other trackers.

That is what's only downside really, is that starting out; getting a good ratio is tough. I currently seed 1300 torrents and that nets me about 1.5GB of upload most days. thankfully what always has freeleech torrents to DL to help you get ratio, and if you can snag freeleech torrents quickly after they are made available you should have no trouble. to give you an idea last time FL torrents went up I managed to snag them about 30 minutes after they were made available and I netted 60+GB, which goes very far where music is concerned.
                        I pretty much agree with all that... As for the last paragraph, if you are an uploader, you don't have to worry about the ratio too much....

Comment

How does one go about getting an invite to either of these trackers? I am currently on IPT but they dont have the greatest music selection (only interested in music). I tried checking out RuTracker but the whole site is in russian and I cannot read anything.

Comment

https://www.whatinterviewprep.com/

Comment

Originally posted by churapita View Post
                              Thanks, there is hope after all :)

Comment

Working...
                              X