Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any UK Radio (and maybe TV) trackers around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any UK Radio (and maybe TV) trackers around?

Since the loss of TheBox and zxcv a while back, I've been stranded in the land of VPN (to BBC iPlayer) - which is OK but not great.

I'm desperately looking for a good tracker, particularly for radio stuff (mostly comedy shows/panels etc). If anyone knows where, please do point the way :)

Have you tried TVCUK?

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7 View Post
      Have you tried TVCUK?

Totally agree. Never noticed if they have Radio (just checked and I'm sure they don't) . However for UK TV shows its really good.
      http://www.speedtest.net/result/3314782553.png

Comment

they do have some radio shows in the Radio/Audio category

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7 View Post
          they do have some radio shows in the Radio/Audio category

Lol. Sorry the most obvious place it would be and the one place I didn't look.

Comment

TheBox, et al is much missed eh?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
              TheBox, et al is much missed eh?
              Personally I was never on TheBox. Sounds like it was a good tracker.
              TVT.com was missed for a while but my main usage for that was UK new & classic shows. However I'm now totally convinced that TVCUK is better for UK shows than TVT.com ever was. So with a combination of that and Freshon (and what an amazing tracker that is) for the US stuff, I'm not quite as desperate for a BTN invite as I was a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by soulfire View Post
                Personally I was never on TheBox. Sounds like it was a good tracker.
                TVT.com was missed for a while but my main usage for that was UK new & classic shows. However I'm now totally convinced that TVCUK is better for UK shows than TVT.com ever was. So with a combination of that and Freshon (and what an amazing tracker that is) for the US stuff, I'm not quite as desperate for a BTN invite as I was a month ago.
                Yes, I am finding TV Chaos UK a VG replacement, as I rarely need the radio section.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pyr View Post
                  Since the loss of TheBox and zxcv a while back, I've been stranded in the land of VPN (to BBC iPlayer) - which is OK but not great.

I'm desperately looking for a good tracker, particularly for radio stuff (mostly comedy shows/panels etc). If anyone knows where, please do point the way :)
                  I know this is not really what you're looking for, but have you heard of get_iplayer? It's a program that lets you grab shows off iPlayer as files you can keep forever.

Its not much use if what you're after has already gone, but if its something that's still airing you can set a schedule for it to download the entire series, etc. It has a web interface that works very well once you get used to it.

Other than that I have nothing else to add, really. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think theres much demand for radio torrents so you might struggle finding a large collection of them.

Comment

I've Used the iPlayer before, it's good for running shows as Coal mentioned. However a lot of stuff is also on ITV and C4 (their online streaming is horrid). I'm going to have a go on TVCUK, looks like the best option at the moment.
                    Last edited by pyr; January 16, 2015, 08:59 AM.

Comment

just had a quick look at RareShare which is open for signup atm. looks like they also have a reasonable radio category.

Comment

If you don't have any luck with finding an appropriate tracker, try Soundcloud. It's great for podcasts and radio shows.

Comment

Working...
                        X