Always Downloading a Torrent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always Downloading a Torrent?

If I'm not mistaken, people who are downloading have priority on a torrent when it comes to uploading. Sometimes my fastest uploading speeds come from when I'm currently downloading from the same peer I'm uploading to. Is there a way to always download a tiny chunk (let's say 0.2 kb) so that it uploads faster?

It's a good theory, but I'd be worried that some trackers might see it as cheating (I don't know that they do). If your torrent client doesn't allow you to set individual torrent bandwidth limits (through a script or something), you could use a separate client to seed, and just limit the download speed to 0.2kb/sec once you have enough of the file to pass around. Well, good luck, and clever plan ;)

Comment

Its depending on the peers in the swarm. The best way to have seeder : leecher = 1:1

Comment

It's not necessarily true that you upload more just because you are downloading at the same time. I'd guess that's due to you joining the swarm while it's still young and more people are downloading.
        My Giveaways My Requests
        None None

|
        |
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
        |
        |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
        would fuck a person in the ass
        and not even have the godda*n
        common courtesy to give him a
        reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
        '
        |
        |
        |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        |
        |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. I don't remember it happening for a while now, but when it does, it's locked on 0.2 kB/s downloading. Not sure how when it's fully downloaded.

Comment

Working...
          X