Earnings on torrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earnings on torrent

since I always wondered why people post torrents?
    if someone earns money on it?
    the whole world revolves around money, I'm sure there is money in torrents.

No money involved

Just people want to share stuff with the world

Comment

Originally posted by labudd View Post
      since I always wondered why people post torrents?
      the whole world revolves around money, I'm sure there is money in torrents.
      yep, that's right. apperently it's ''free world'' where all share stuff and bla bla.
      the core, just like you think about it, it's about money. One thing leads to another and then next thing you know it - $$
      And yea, maybe you don't earn a dime when you post a torrent, but the place where you post it, think about it.
      Last edited by Orochi; December 7, 2014, 08:24 AM. Reason: some fucking word.
      ._.

Comment

Originally posted by labudd View Post
        IPT!

Comment

Originally posted by blackvenom View Post
          IPT!
          some sysop make money when donation exceed the costs

Comment

There are tons of non-profit organizations, charities and free open-source programs and the like.
            Same thing with the file-sharing community.

And by the way, just because you're not getting money out of it doesn't mean you're not earning anything.
            My Giveaways My Requests
            None None

|
            |
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
            |
            |

I bet you're the kind of guy that
            would fuck a person in the ass
            and not even have the godda*n
            common courtesy to give him a
            reach around. I'll be watching you.

'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
            '
            |
            |
            |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            |
            |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

A torrent site , a tracker needs money to pay the server costs and bandwidth. That money is 'earned' via user donations and ads .
              A torrent site relies solely on its uploaders to exist and thrive. The more files are posted, the more traffic the site has and more popular it becomes. But ... uploaders are - on average - people like you and me who found something somewhere and want to share it with the rest of the world , because sharing is caring and because some people don't have the money to go to the cinema or buy music or apps or the cost of these things is so unjustifiably high that people cannot afford to pay for it. To sum it up, the uploaders usually do not earn anything other than a press of a 'Thank you' button or a positive comment in the comments section but the tracker may earn some money from donations and ads. If tracker owners save up the extra money to pay for the costs of the coming months or use it for their own benefit ..... then, that's up to them. As a leecher/seeder , I only care about finding a place where I can get kids movies for my daughter and an odd movie to watch with my wife on a Sunday night without paying the outrageous cost of a dvd

Comment

Originally posted by instant_diver View Post
                If tracker owners save up the extra money to pay for the costs of the coming months or use it for their own benefit ..... then, that's up to them.
                See, it is, of course, up to them whether they wanna use it for their own benefit, but I think this should be frowned upon (which it mostly is).
                A tracker owner is providing a server and website which indexes torrent files to, for the most part, illegally distributed content. To make money off of that is like burning an artists music to a CD and sell it. It's not right. If we're all gonna do this stuff then at least let us do it in the original idea of file-sharing. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. There shouldn't be anyone getting cash for doing that.
                My Giveaways My Requests
                None None

|
                |
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
                |
                |

'
                |
                |
                |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                |
                |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

The torrent site owner also take's on a great deal of risk, not to mention time.
                  So if the owner running TL for example managed to get himself a new pc this year, and the admins get some gift's for x-mas.
                  Awesome. If they are living fat on 100,000k a year, and still providing an amazing service. all the better to them.

You get thing's out of donating as well, I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by eddiecreek View Post
                    The torrent site owner also take's on a great deal of risk, not to mention time.
                    So if the owner running TL for example managed to get himself a new pc this year, and the admins get some gift's for x-mas.
                    Awesome. If they are living fat on 100,000k a year, and still providing an amazing service. all the better to them.

You get thing's out of donating as well, I'm happy.
                    I actually think that one should not "get" anything out of donating either, but unfortunately you can't seem to get people to donate. Just by being a member of the community you already profit.
                    By the way, I was not trying to say that the owner should pay for the server and stuff himself. In a perfect world he should pay, just as much as every member of the site. Even if there are more donations than costs, that's cool. But the extra cash should be invested in the site.
                    My Giveaways My Requests
                    None None

|
                    |
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
                    |
                    |

'
                    |
                    |
                    |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    |
                    |

Thanks, gblaze

Comment

in a forum I read that people earn from torrent
                      If I understand correctly, earnings come from the screen shot image
                      upload images to the image host,
                      and image host pays every review
                      I've also read that torrents associated with CPA networks
                      I think it's ridiculous that people every day to raise Torrents
                      but that do not make money on them

Comment

If I knew a guy on a 100mbit line with a 100tb setup at home, I'd pay for access. and do away with all this.

I'd even pay for a pvr service which archived my show's in hd, comercial free.

I pay for netflix, and seldom watch it. But I pay to support as I want to see that take over, so I can stop downloading tv show's all together :)

Comment

[MENTION=217803]instant_diver[/MENTION], you're completely right, this is P2P

Comment

Originally posted by ThaJay View Post
                            I actually think that one should not "get" anything out of donating either, but unfortunately you can't seem to get people to donate. Just by being a member of the community you already profit.
                            By the way, I was not trying to say that the owner should pay for the server and stuff himself. In a perfect world he should pay, just as much as every member of the site. Even if there are more donations than costs, that's cool. But the extra cash should be invested in the site.
                            In perfect world - yes we would all help each other and share freely, nobody would try to profit and we could all share movies music and more and be encouraged for enlightening others.

Sadly we don't live in that world.

I agree with your thought process, back in the old BBS days I ran a number of them, I payed for the hardware and the data links and we all shared stuff openly and freely
                            My aim was to learn and share.
                            So yes, the owner started the tracker of his own free will hopefully to share with the world, he puts up a few ads to help cover costs and maybe
                            asks for donations because it's costing more than bargained for.
                            That's how it should be and often how it is. I'm sure there are some folks start trackers in the hope of making a buck though - such is human nature.

As for "getting stuff" for donating, well if I was on a specialized tracker with a good community that is perfectly valid and I have donated at such trackers with no personal return.

But a big general tracker like IPT - who would bother donating if it didn't give you some sort of advantage?
                            You're just one among thousands of other unknown members, so a bribe of an upload bonus or being able to access something other's cannot becomes a big incentive.

Just my take on people the world and universe - comes with a money back guarantee :)

Comment

Originally posted by eddiecreek View Post
                              If I knew a guy on a 100mbit line with a 100tb setup at home, I'd pay for access. and do away with all this.

I'd even pay for a pvr service which archived my show's in hd, comercial free.

I pay for netflix, and seldom watch it. But I pay to support as I want to see that take over, so I can stop downloading tv show's all together :)
                              I completely agree. I wish hollywood would spend some money on some good media platforms. All legal alternatives now give you more trouble than downloading does. The protection they put on blurays is pointless, it only troubles the people that are spending money on them. Why do you have to watch those legal messages when you just payed for your movie? And why do I have to pay a different price or have a different release date for a movie than someone in a different country. It's all so old fashioned and rediculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X