BT client for Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT client for Linux

What BT client are you using on your Linux machine?

I'm pretty new to Linux, and I really want to learn and use Linux.

I believe CHDbits blacklisted Deluge, so I can't use it.

sigpic

Why not rutorrent?

Comment

rutorrent and utorrent are best BT clients. and both of them are most popular.

Comment

Deluge is really good, I'm amazed CHDBits blacklist it, I never seen it blacklisted before. They should recheck their policy or ask them why it's like that, it's really weird.

Don't know why utorrent is so popular, many versions of it are blacklisted everywhere and it's full of publicity in their software.

Comment

Utorrent is the best client for Linux and windows

Comment

Originally posted by Vizor View Post
            Deluge is really good, I'm amazed CHDBits blacklist it, I never seen it blacklisted before. They should recheck their policy or ask them why it's like that, it's really weird.

Don't know why utorrent is so popular, many versions of it are blacklisted everywhere and it's full of publicity in their software.
            Due to the characteristics of Deluge client where it could be easily abused by cheaters, we have decided to place it on the banned client list. From 25th of February 2013 onwards, you are no longer allow to use any version of Deluge for CHDBits' torrents.

We regret the inconvenience this may cause to some users but your understanding in this matter is much appreciated.

sigpic

Comment

Nice reply, thanks for the information, I thought all client we're prone to cheating but then I never tried it... who needs to cheat on the ratio when you have a seedbox !

To the original poster, you also have the option of Vuze, quite overkill but it's working nonetheless. I also know there's a mininal one in Gnome or KTorrent in KDE.

Comment

I prefer deluge for its ease of use (sucks that you can't use it). My second choice would be rtorrent. All the people saying rutorrent are mistaken, as rutorrent is not a client, just a GUI for rtorrent (one of many). These two clients are basically the current standard for seedboxes.

Comment

It's strange to read that it's blacklisted, i was just thinking about how it's on the white list of every tracker I'm a member of, anyway, if i couldn't use deluge, my next choice would be rtorrent, vuze and then utorrent.

Comment

After reading about IRssi plugin that I believe is in rutorrent (rtorrent) and all the other plugins built for it I think I might switch over to it and give it a try.
                    Last edited by jandon; October 27, 2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X