Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you guys think about cops or something like that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you guys think about cops or something like that?

Hi everybody..
    I suppose that this topic is good enough to discuss here..
    Although I don't live in the strictest country regarding filesharing, I'm curious what people think about possible work of police pretending normal users and eventually trying to catch someone within private trackers?
    I mean, it can be police of countries where people have real possibility to be punished for torrenting.
    Does anybody know about cases from real life on this topic?
    What can users of this website do in order to have more security?
    Thanks.

i dont worry about the police breaking down my door, cause im pirating some movie. im more concerned about my ISP sending me a letter or something.
    police? no.
    lawyers? more likely.
    remember those FBI warnings on old VHS tapes? lol!

shit.....with my luck, later on tonite il have some FBI swat team breaking down my door....."freeze [email protected] of the keyboard!!!!!
    special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
    sigpic
    "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

I thought private trackers were very safe. Much safer anyway, than say, public ones. That's one of the reasons I'm trying shift my torrenting to private ones. Should I be overly concerned about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonrose View Post
        I thought private trackers were very safe. Much safer anyway, than say, public ones. That's one of the reasons I'm trying shift my torrenting to private ones. Should I be overly concerned about this?
        actually, I don't know.. I'm not trying to seed panic... I'm just curious.

Comment

In my country cops watch pirated movies too.

Comment

I remember one of the first torrent site was called Elite-torrent that was super good torrent site
            then when the star war movie came our before theaters by 6 hours it was so popular that you Google star war the site will be the frist resulte
            FBI busted this site and caught ll the uploaders and confiscate their computers
            after this incident a lot of sites made their upladers as anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by engTVfun View Post
              Hi everybody..
              I suppose that this topic is good enough to discuss here..
              Although I don't live in the strictest country regarding filesharing, I'm curious what people think about possible work of police pretending normal users and eventually trying to catch someone within private trackers?
              I mean, it can be police of countries where people have real possibility to be punished for torrenting.
              Does anybody know about cases from real life on this topic?
              What can users of this website do in order to have more security?
              Thanks.
              Obviously any private site is gonna be much safer than public. How much safer depends on the popularity of the tracker. Some "private" sites are basically public if you feel like doing the slightest bit of work to get in. Still though, the odds of a cop becoming a member on those sites and giving you a warning is very unlikely. Because from the POV of the police, all they want to do is try to scare as many people as possible from downloading. It's not some big sting operation where the FBI arrests everyone who downloaded the hobbit. So obviously the most desirable place to scare them is on public trackers. Also on public trackers users are less likely to be experienced in torrenting and to be familiar with piracy legalities etc. so they'll scare easier.

I think it could happen that the authorities might get one or two accounts on a lower-level private tracker (IPT, TL), but if they do it would just be to make people using them slightly less at ease. However, the harder the tracker is to get in the less likely that is to happen. I've been on IPT for years and never received a warning from there. So if you're on a tracker like SCC for example, I'd bet just about anything that you'll never get a warning.

To have more security use an IP blocking program like peerblock. I know everyone says these are useless but they provide some protection. When I was using public trackers I started using this and I only got one warning within a one-year period.

Comment

Not worried. :D

Comment

unless the laws is really in action and IPS companies have to report you , i think you will be fine

Comment

I always felt the private trackers are safer than public trackers in keeping your pc free of virus and malware not keeping the police away. I feel (hope) that the police have better things to do with their time.

Comment

Nope and I used both public and private tracker without any proxy, vpn etc. Nothing to worry about mate

Comment

Working...
                      X