Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you keep everything that you download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you keep everything that you download?

Hello everyone,

There are a lot of HD movie sites that offer movies with huge sizes which people are joining these days. I was just wondering whether you guys keep the movies or just see it and delete? I have more than 6 TB of HDD's and I mostly download movies in the size 2-4 GB but still am having problems maintaining them. Wonder what people do with the movies of size 10-20 GB.

PS: Sorry if this is a repeat. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything similar.

I'm similar to you in the sense that I have a large movie and tv show collection. I tend to stick to movies under 10gb with the most common size being in the 4gb range. I have a Mac Mini that I bought just to use as an HTPC running XBMC. I think my movie count right now is around 1,040 films all with fan art, etc. The only stuff I delete are tv shows after the season is over. I have 3 external 1.5tb drives hooked up to the mini and am about to get a fourth because I'm down to about 20gb left.

So long story short, you're not alone.

Comment

I'm probably a bit old school, but I tend to download XviD rips for the first view, then if I really like a film I'll snatch it in HD. I find it saves a lot of HDD space plus, (if it turns out to be a turkey), I don't have to erase nearly as much data.
      Thanks to the powers that be for VIP

Comment

I have 1TB external but it's already filled.
        Generally, I just try to aim for availability so I'd keep low seed torrents and delete ones that are not in danger of being pruned.
        If I need something I can just redownload.
        But if there's something I dont like and not recommend then I'd just delete them right away for community sake
        Although the number of low seed torrents keep increasing and right now I'm seeding almost 4k torrents

Comment

I have a 4 drives NAS with 2TB hard-drives in it. It's not full yet but it's going to be sooner than later. So i download only the 720p releases (don't have a very big screen so no need to download 1080p releases). The rest stays on my seedbox. I prune everything that has a very good ratio and try to keep as much as possible torrents with a low number of seeders.
          As for tv shows i do exactly like EatingABook..i erase everything once the season is over.

Comment

I only download ~20GB 1080p releases, so I run out of space quite quickly. However, I will just continue to buy internal/external hard drives as and when, due to it being the cheapest form of storage.

Comment

Currently only have a 1TB external drive. Had to delete 200GB + the other day to fit all the films I downloaded in the last few months. I mainly deleted TV shows, only because films are the universal thing to watch if I have friends or family over. Most of the stuff I have is around 1.5 - 3.9GB to comply with FAT formatting and watching via my xbox.

I cant even comprehend downloading films in the 10GB range.

Comment

I use a laptop with a 256gb ssd and an external rack of 3x 2TB. What I usually do is download a movie, if it's fresh and likely to get leechers, I'll keep it on the ssd until the swarm finishes and I have a reasonable ratio on that torrent. After it goes quiet (or I downloaded an older torrent which doesn't get too much attention) I move/download the whole thing to an external drive, that way it's still seeded, but won't overwhelm the external drives.

Comment

I do the same thing as you, just with a seedbox and my home pc/storage.

Comment

Ever since I started collecting HD Movies and TV Series, I put them on External HDD.

Comment

I have a 4TB(3.5TB usable) for tv/movies and 2TB(1.5TB usable for games) tv/movies server is getting full so I will start deleting shows I am not going to watch again. I keep small xvids rather than HD. I tend to seed the tv/movies a short time. I will seed them until a better copy comes out and then stop. My games/app/ebooks I seed for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan16 View Post
                        Hello everyone,

There are a lot of HD movie sites that offer movies with huge sizes which people are joining these days. I was just wondering whether you guys keep the movies or just see it and delete? I have more than 6 TB of HDD's and I mostly download movies in the size 2-4 GB but still am having problems maintaining them. Wonder what people do with the movies of size 10-20 GB.

PS: Sorry if this is a repeat. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything similar.
                        I don't keep TV series...

Plus, I don't download really HD stuff for space related reasons. I prefer a well ripped .avi .mp4 or .mkv @1.4GB over a bloated 6 GB "clean" DVD image.

Obviously if something is rubbish, I delete it.

Comment

I keep everything i download, I have 20x 2TB HDD.

Comment

It would be nice for me to store everything, but I only have a really small amount of hard drive space. I try to download as little as possible, and upload as much as possible, but recently my external hard drive died while I was torrenting through it.

Is it a common problem for external HDDs to die when torrenting to them? It was for a few (about 3) months, and I had it running about about 8 hours a day (on average)... The I/O chipboard died, I think.

But yeah... I try to keep as much as possible, but recently lost a load from that. xD

Comment

I, usually, download the XviD and if we like it (story, visual, effects etc) , I download a 720p. I used to burn the movies on dvd using convertXtodvd but , eventually , technology caught up with me and now I have 2T external drives on my media player almost filled up. space will never be enough !!

Comment

Working...
                              X