Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone taken the What.CD interview?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has anyone taken the What.CD interview?

    How comfortable were you in showing your username for all your private trackers like they asked?

    I am not even sure that doesn't violate some of the tracker's agreements.

    Looks like no what.cd for me

  • #2
    Yeah I nvr feel comfortable with giving other people these kind of information. I've nvr taken what.cd's interview but i took one for comicbt. They were pretty lax about it so I managed to convinced them to let me stay anonymous.

    Comment


    • #3
      all interviews for an invite to a Tracker are conducted by the Staff so there should be no concern with sharing this info with them as they have your ip and can get your name on any Tracker anyway

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by shadowbuild View Post
        all interviews for an invite to a Tracker are conducted by the Staff so there should be no concern with sharing this info with them as they have your ip and can get your name on any Tracker anyway
        Do trackers share that information amongst each other? And dynamic IPs from ISPs change all the time.
        I have to wait 48 hours anyway now. Are what.what.cd invites rare around here?
        Last edited by shareho; December 6, 2012, 08:15 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          how long did you wait for the interview?
          I have been trying to be interviewed for ages, last month I was logged to their IRC chat for over a week..




          Originally posted by shareho View Post
          Are what.what.cd invites rare around here?
          well I don't know about that, but you have to be a VIP to get an what.cd invite here...

          Comment


          • #6
            I showed like nine trackers. Nothing happened to me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Madhouse View Post
              I showed like nine trackers. Nothing happened to me.
              That wasn't really what I was worried about. It was excessive, and against some of those trackers rules, rules that I had agreed to abide by. One or two proofs would have been ok I think.

              I waited about 3 hours on the irc.
              Last edited by shareho; December 6, 2012, 11:02 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lastkiss View Post
                how long did you wait for the interview?
                I have been trying to be interviewed for ages, last month I was logged to their IRC chat for over a week..






                well I don't know about that, but you have to be a VIP to get an what.cd invite here...
                I only waited a couple of hours. I noticed a lot of people forgot to enter the queue though. Once you are in the queue, it will tell you who is in front of you so you will have at least some idea. Maybe you missed this step?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Has anyone ever had an interviewer randomly disappear mid-interview (actually change their name to show away)?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For anyone who is going or thinking to going to the IRC interview of what.cd;
                    *Just a high speed connection won't help you.
                    *Just the buffers of TB s in other trackers won't help you.
                    *You just being a music lover won't help you.


                    So,while having an average connection,with perfect ratios with a good history,you must have some knowledge about audio files,ripping and other stuff.So,if anyone is going for the IRC interview,make sure that you read the whole IRC Interview guide,many be 5 or 6 times,and be sure you have a general idea about the tracker and music.

                    So,if you have all the three(namely:-A good connection,nice ratios,knowledge on ripping..),you will get the chance,plus you have to be patient.
                    sigpic
                    A big thanks for extJSDB for my new class upgrade.
                    A high 5 for all my friends .
                    Thanks IguessNot for the seedbox.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cafe View Post
                      For anyone who is going or thinking to going to the IRC interview of what.cd;
                      *Just a high speed connection won't help you.
                      *Just the buffers of TB s in other trackers won't help you.
                      *You just being a music lover won't help you.


                      So,while having an average connection,with perfect ratios with a good history,you must have some knowledge about audio files,ripping and other stuff.So,if anyone is going for the IRC interview,make sure that you read the whole IRC Interview guide,many be 5 or 6 times,and be sure you have a general idea about the tracker and music.

                      So,if you have all the three(namely:-A good connection,nice ratios,knowledge on ripping..),you will get the chance,plus you have to be patient.
                      I don't meet any of those requirements and I passed the interview. I think you just have to know what's on the prep site, which is mostly about transcoding and uploading.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes i also took the interview like almost a year ago, i remember that i was waiting at irc for 6 hours for my turn to come.I was rewading for 3 days though the interview preparation and knew everything,so i passed at once.Now as for the profiles i think its not bad unless it was a shitty tracker which in that case you could put yourself in danger if they where lamers but fir what.cd its ok as it is a high level tracker and of course as shadowbuild told before, staff from trackers know each other very well and can co-operate if they want to learn some things for us.
                        The thing is that it actually deserves the waiting... :)
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Interview took me three hours, was quite the pain. The questions are hilariously easy though, honestly if you can't pass it without cheating you shouldn't be a member there anyways.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Intelectual View Post
                            I don't meet any of those requirements and I passed the interview. I think you just have to know what's on the prep site, which is mostly about transcoding and uploading.
                            Uploading,ripping goes to
                            Originally posted by cafe
                            knowledge about audio files,ripping and other stuff
                            But they ask about ripping and flac,I don't know whether the questions have changed by the time.In the IRC Interview guide,there are many info about music,uploading and ripping.
                            sigpic
                            A big thanks for extJSDB for my new class upgrade.
                            A high 5 for all my friends .
                            Thanks IguessNot for the seedbox.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I waited for around 6 hours in the queue. The interview itself wasn't that difficult. Most of the questions were about transcoding, music and your own personal interests.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X