Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Did You First Discover Private Trackers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Did You First Discover Private Trackers?

My first experience with a private tracker was with PBP 3 years ago. My boyfriend and his brother both belong to it, and you have to go through an extensive background check in order to get cleared to join their site. This is what introduced me to the world of private trackers. Before then, I'd been using torrentz.eu, piratebay, and h33t to get my content. But when I discovered that PBP (and other private trackers for that matter, once I'd done my research) had awesome content that was almost always active and had plenty of seeds, I had to get in on the fun. Before I found this site, my boyfriend had been downloading a lot of my movies, games, etc, for me from PBP. As a computer junkie with a strong technical background, I figured I'd take care of myself from now on and that's what led me to Torrent Invites, where I signed up and received an invite to become member of AsiaTorrents. That was my first private tracker membership, and I must say that I'm pretty happy with it. I like the idea of being a member of an active community.

So... What was your first experience with private trackers? How long ago was it and what was your first tracker? Thanks for reading!

I have come along private trackers only a month ago or so. I had not been actively using torrents until the big MU closedown. I had a premium account with them and with RS to download content and was using forums/blogs to find the content but nothing really with any closed user group or invite process. The trackers I have been able to join so far are incredible and Im happy to be able to be a part of them. This whole bittorrent / trackers / seedboxes thing super fun for me as I am learning a lot of new stuff !
    sigpic

Comment

Probably 2006; Demonoid. After that, someone invited me to Cinemageddon and MySpleen and from there, everything else.

Comment

I got my first invite a few years ago - I was looking for some old, obscure wrestling documentary and a friend on a non-torrent related forum sent me an invite to a tracker that had it.

I spend most of my time on smaller trackers, really - I'm not that much of a downloader, mostly documentaries, really old ebooks and TV shows that don't air where I am. That sort of stuff rarely appears on more general trackers (especially since Demonoid died out), so I'm not too concerned with collecting invites to high profile trackers.

Comment

I joined Demonoid in late 2006. Before that I was using The Pirate Bay, BTJunkie, etc. I found out that private trackers were more reliable than public ones. I would absolutely hate to find the movie I had been searching ages for has no seeders.

Comment

I started with demonoid and in there forums there was a open tracker and invites section, and then I found ILT there and signed up.
            Thanks extJSDB for VIP!

Comment

end of 04 with filelist.org. That site went off and along with throttling ruined torrenting. Then came rapidshare and the like before that got shut down and I came back to torrenting using seedboxes.

Comment

I got an invite to Demonoid from a coworker and activated my account but only a few days later it went dark...

When I'd gotten the Demonoid invite, I learned about T-I and joined, but hadn't really been active on the forums at first.

A few days after Demonoid went dark, I went to http://www.btracs.com/ and joined a couple trackers that were open at the moment.
                Thanks to Flobie for the VIP!

Comment

I saw people talking about a private tracker on a forum. I didn't know what it was, so, I asked everybody for an invite. And here we are, now, it's I who is giving invites. :)

Comment

It was like 5 years ago that I was searching the web for something else than Piratebay. I found my first love: TD!

Comment

Guess Demonoid in 2006/7ish but I didn't really know how big the private torrent scene was. Never had any friends, Internet or real-life, talk about private trackers or give me invites. I just stumbled upon Demonoid one day I think in 2006 and waited until they had open sign ups and got it. Still didn't know much about the scene after that and didn't care much about it until recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyrophor View Post
                        Guess Demonoid in 2006/7ish but I didn't really know how big the private torrent scene was. Never had any friends, Internet or real-life, talk about private trackers or give me invites. I just stumbled upon Demonoid one day I think in 2006 and waited until they had open sign ups and got it. Still didn't know much about the scene after that and didn't care much about it until recently.
                        almost exactly my story and im still learning but thanks to this great site in two months ive gone places i didnt know existed and loving every minute

Comment

probably about 2-3 years back, I was at a friends house when he mentions flac music, and how it's lossless and the highest quality music you can get. I had never heard of it until then, but i was intrigued. I started looking for flac of the music that I like, but i found it difficult to find much. Demonoid was my main and only tracker at the time.

Well i eventually realized that the only place you can really find flac for free is on private trackers, and it was at that point that i first learned about what.cd. I started going on more music forums, and started learned more about audio formats and converting. Soon after i join waffles.fm, and then pass the what interview. Now i have tons of flac at my disposal :)

Comment

Originally posted by Xyrophor View Post
                            Same with me. Found Demonoid in 2009 or so while searching for ebooks online and everything was always on demonoid.

I think many people have a similar story, and the end result is the shut down of demonoid has pushed a lot of people into the private tracker world.

Comment

its only been a couple of years for me. my friend turned me on to "torrents". i had no clue what that ment at the time. she came over and set my whole pc up....client, some peer block thing, {no idea what the hell that is still}, and then i joined TorrentDay, before they went private. she then DLed some converting software, set up some link with the xbox, and bam.
                              its funny, since then i went crazy, ive given her an invite to IPT, MyA, and il be giving her an invite to THC when i get one.

so let me give a shout out to "lena" for gettin me into the bittorrent seen.....and for being smokin' hot!!!!
                              special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
                              sigpic
                              "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

Working...
                              X