500MB-1GB 720p rips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500MB-1GB 720p rips

What do you guys think of 720p rips in 500MB-1GB ??
    I do not really find a difference between them and the 4-6 GB 720p rips the only difference is audio (but it doesn't really matter I only have stereo speakers),so what about you?

I guess if you're only talking about the video then it mostly depends what you're watching it on. I've never watched a 720p movie rip that small before (my lowest was probably about 1.3gb) which looked an absolute treat on my phone but certainly wasn't good enough for a 50" TV. Generally though, I'm a believer that as long as you're happy with the quality of the encode that's all that matters. You don't want a lack of quality in the rip spoiling a film for you, but as long as that's not the case you're golden.

Personally I tend to find that the audio quality makes more of a difference to my enjoyment of the film. A good DTS track coupled with a good surround sound set-up makes a movie come alive far more than an increased video bitrate.

Comment

As Kvothe said. Depens on what you are watching it. And honestly 500 MiB - 1 GiB rips aren't worth watching at all. The video as well as the audio is low and yes both do matter. Even if you have just stereo speakers still the bitrate matters. I would suggest if you want good quality and low size too then stick with BRRiPs of around 1.5 GiB at least.
      sigpic

| FAQ | RULES | GA Guide | PM ME | Site Tutorials | Intro Guide |

Respect is earned, not given.

Comment

I totally agree with Kvothe
        I'm a believer that as long as you're happy with the quality of the encode that's all that matters.
        yes I probably don't feel the difference right now because of my 27 inch TV, but I guess I'll have to stick then to the larger rips so as not to re download them when i get a new TV, yet they aren't not worth watching at all Splendid some stuff even if have a 50 inch TV will still download a small rip as they are not that good.

Comment

I pretty much agree with what both Rvothe and spendid have said.

Even if the resolution is at 720p you're not getting good video and audio quality. I would never download a 720p release of a movie under 2GB. If I'm looking for a lower size download I'd go with something standard resolution or at 480p. At least the bitrate will be at a reasonable level. Even then though, I like to have a 5.1 audio stream as it makes a movie much more enjoyable to have a great soundtrack.

Comment

i only download from pixelHD wen i need ones within 2gigs coz they compromise in their audio shit but their video is amazing .
            well if u are talking abt 300mbunited u can see the pixels breaking in the video

Comment

You can try downloading 1.5-2.2 gb rips. You 're definately going to see a difference on a 27'' tv.
              BRRips under 1.5gb are only good for a 20'' PC screen , 1.5-2.2gb is good for 30'' screens, 4gb + for 40'' etc.

The point of DLing Brrips is the better quality you get compared to dvdrips , downloading Brrips < 1gb is pretty much pointless imo.

You will find a huge selection of good 720 Brrips from 1.5 to 2.2gb in IPT, TL and RevTT.

Comment

TiT4N no I don't use 300 Mb united I download from YIFY he even has his own website ,and Robert I did download 4Gb+ 720p and I didn't feel a difference but the audio ,maybe I'm just a noob :D

Comment

Originally posted by informer View Post
                  TiT4N no I don't use 300 Mb united I download from YIFY he even has his own website ,and Robert I did download 4Gb+ 720p and I didn't feel a difference but the audio ,maybe I'm just a noob :D
                  well lol that will depend on the monitor and player u use if u are talking about the 1gb 720p rips and ofc 4gb+ rips look good

Comment

Originally posted by informer View Post
                    I totally agree with Kvothe yes I probably don't feel the difference right now because of my 27 inch TV, but I guess I'll have to stick then to the larger rips so as not to re download them when i get a new TV, yet they aren't not worth watching at all Splendid some stuff even if have a 50 inch TV will still download a small rip as they are not that good.
                    True to that. That's why before downloading a movie I read the reviews and then get a proper 720 or 1808p encode.
                    sigpic

Comment

The only 500 - 1GB 720p rips I'll even download are animated films or TV series
                      The main reason I download high quality files is to enjoy the superb quality!

Originally posted by splendid View Post
                      True to that. That's why before downloading a movie I read the reviews and then get a proper 720 or 1808p encode.
                      I want to know where you get your files splendid, never heard of a 1808p encode before
                      Last edited by Wiska; April 11, 2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

1808p it should of been 1080p a little slip of the fingers me thinks :-D i like mine a bit bigger than that i can notice the difference in his rips just by looking at the screenshots and thats on his 1080p at 1.3gb theres no way its anywhere as good as a 2gb 720p never mind a 4gb encode but if your happy enough with the quality dont worry about it everyone has there own opinion about what they like but your gonna be pretty pissed off if and when you get a bigger and better TV and realise all his films you got are pretty much worthless because there all pixelated

Comment

I've downloaded several of Yiffy's small file sized 720p rips. I find they look pretty darn good for the size, better than similar sized 480p rips. That being said i typically stick to 1.5-2gb rips. I've never been a stickler for overly high quality rips. When I'm 10-20 feet from the TV it's often hard to notice the difference (or maybe I've trained myself not to care).

Comment

Originally posted by Wiska View Post
                            The only 500 - 1GB 720p rips I'll even download are animated films or TV series
                            The main reason I download high quality files is to enjoy the superb quality!

I want to know where you get your files splendid, never heard of a 1808p encode before
                            I get stuff mostly from HDT, AHD and IPT. 1080p encodes are usually from 8 to 12 GiB.
                            Last edited by splendid; April 12, 2012, 11:27 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hmm I remember downloading a 30 gig 1080P Transformers 3 movie. Was unbelievable quality.

I usually download tv series in 350mb size, and movies in 720P - Size usually around 4-6GB
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Vector King for repping me in!
                              Thank you DocDoom for this awesome signature, and avatar.

My giveaways:
                              HFU GA|DH | IPT | TL

Comment

Working...
                              X