Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Dupe' accounts due to same seedbox IP?

I was looking around for other seedbox opportunities (I already have two and i am looking to merge them ) and ended up on OVH and Kimsufi to see what servers they have for a reasonable price.

I was browsing through both of the sites and it seems to me that all servers come with 1 IP adress and every additional adress costs extra $ .
    Now, seeing these low-cost seedboxes , assuming that they are 're-sold' OVH/Kim servers, i am probably right in thinking that they do not buy these additional IP adresses from OVH/Kim .

So, the problem arises.
    If there are 5 users on a shared seedbox, which has 1 IP, and all of the 5 users are members of what.cd (example) then how will What.cd Admins know that those 5 users are 5 different, unique users with the same IP? Couldn't they think that 1 user has created 5 accounts under the same IP and therefore ban all 5 users?

This is a problem which i haven't researched yet but i'm sure its been discussed before. Sorry if there is already a thread about this.

On tracker generally you can add to your profile that you have a seedbox. Or you can pm an admin to do that.
    For example on wfl in the rules it's marked that you have to write on your profile that you have a seedbox.

Most tracker admin know the ip adress of seedbox provider, so it's not a problem :)

I never had a problem with that on all my trackers, but better be safe than sorry.

Also on your torrent that you download there is a key that is unique for each users (passkey, etc.)
    Last edited by Mobi; April 4, 2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

On most trackers this shouldnt be much of an issue. Just pm staff and let them know. Shared seedboxes are a really common thing today so theres nothing to worry about as long as you inform the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobi View Post
        For example on wfl in the rules it's marked that you have to write on your profile that you have a seedbox.
        I've read Waffles rules, FAQ, etc. all in and out and never noticed such clause - would you mind point me to?

Comment

Only one thing I'd point out.
          I Love Torrents admins say they understand many may use a shared seedbox however if they choose to ban 1 user they will also ban any IPs that user was using. If anyone else is using same IP they will ban those users too!

Comment

Originally posted by SatoruIwata View Post
            I've read Waffles rules, FAQ, etc. all in and out and never noticed such clause - would you mind point me to?
            Don't worry if there is no clause about seedboxes. Just send a staff Pm asking what to do and tell them necessary details of your box. The staff will handle the rest.
            sigpic

[ἓν οἶδα ὅτι] οὐδὲν οἶδα - Socrates

Comment

Working...
            X