Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you download and play games on the Xbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you download and play games on the Xbox?

I have been downloading torrents for years but not once have I downloaded, and tried to play, a game on my Xbox 360. I am looking for a good tutorial on this topic.
    Last edited by J_Boogie; March 23, 2012, 12:50 PM.

UG/BG and BCG are all great games trackers. UG for older classics and BG/BCG for newer titles. Are you looking to play games on an xbox or xbox 360? Both require different means. Either way, Im sure I saw something that could be of use in the tutorial section.

Comment

I am looking for how to DL and play Xbox 360 games.

Comment

I'm old school, having modded my box years ago and only playing burned DVD-Rs. I think a lot of people today just dump to a hard drive.

current info can probably be found here:

360Mods

or just google "xbox 360 mod tutorial"

When I used to do it (on the older large boxes, but newer than the original red ring of death models), you would have to take out the DVD drive, jump a couple of points with a special tool (xtractor) and flash a firmware update from your PC. This would trick your xbox into thinking the DVD-R was a replicated disc.

Ripping was a pain in the ass, so I never did it for the 360 (I used to visit the game rental store 6 times a day with the original xbox. "weren't you just here?" "yeah. I've got a short attention span.") But there are always plenty of games to DL, many of them pre-release.

DL, unrar, verify the image has been stripped of copy protection and other problems by running it through abgx360, and burn the ISO to dual layer disc (use Varbatim because they are the best) at 4X (faster could cause problems), using ImgBurn and forcing the breakpoint to ... I forget the number, but it is usually included with the ISO image.

Sometimes you would have to update the firmware of your drive to keep up with the copy protection, or preload a"wave loader" before playing the game.

Despite doing what we thought was the proper procedure, one of my boxes did get banned from live, so we buy most of our games and use it on the unmodded box (the kids only want to play live anyway).

Comment

There are basicly 2 ways:

1. You flash your drive with iXtreme Lite Touch (currently 3.0, I'm using 2.0) and burn your games as have been already said, on DL Verbatim with 2.4x or 4x speed. Unfortunately every now and then a new version of protection is introduced so a new iXtreme is released so you have to update frequently. In worst case you can't play older games on the newest iXtreme without patching (it means reburning).

2. You perform something called JTAG and you can play games directly from HDD (including DLC) and don't need DVDs any more. It requires mounting a special chip on a motherboard so bye bye to your warranty. And it costs more than iXtreme flashing. I don't know any details because I use method no 1.

Comment

you can olny jtag the OOOOLD xboxes (the red ring of death kind to generalize). Don't get your panties wet over that.

Comment

Originally posted by U2Fan View Post
              you can olny jtag the OOOOLD xboxes (the red ring of death kind to generalize). Don't get your panties wet over that.
              Or you can buy an RGH'd console. 90% of xbox 360 can be RGH'd

RGH'd consoles allow you to run games directly from an HDD, downside is theres no XBL.

I personally own one and it is awesome!
              Last edited by Darknesss; March 23, 2012, 07:28 PM.
              My giveaways:
              10%: TorrentLeech |
              33%: 2xGFT donor |
              Bonuses: BitGamer

Comment

Originally posted by Darknesss View Post
                Or you can buy an RGH'd console. 90% of xbox 360 can be RGH'd

RGH'd consoles allow you to run games directly from an HDD, downside is theres no XBL.

I personally own one and it is awesome!
                That will play DLC?

Comment

Yes. (10char)
                  My giveaways:
                  10%: TorrentLeech |
                  33%: 2xGFT donor |
                  Bonuses: BitGamer

Comment

Sweet!7890

Comment

When I said JTAG I had been thinking about this RGH but I didn't remember the name :)

Comment

I had an xbox jtagged after three firmware updates in as many months (it was getting expensive). I always use the same company and they jtagged it for 75. Supposedly a new chip had been produced (this was in December) that would jtag xboxes that had had their dashboard updated (from mods).., so as far as I understand it, u don't have to have the 'oldest' versions of xbox or xbox dashboard anymore to get an xbox jtagged. However, to save risks of being banned from Live the jtagged xbox doesn't go Live. My son can play any game he likes on there and that's what that console is for. The unmodded console is used for Live play with bought games.
                        Last edited by TpauOne; March 28, 2012, 08:39 AM.

Comment

The below is a report from scene release group RRoD from their experiences in properly burning the new XGD3 iso. Yes, RRoD already has access to C4eva's LT Plus v2.0 firmware w/ the new LT Max feature.

Note: This is the new upcoming procedure to burn XGD3 for iXtreme LT Plus v2.0 once it goes public.

"Keep in mind that this is the first of several potential disc-based backup solutions for XGD3. As such, it's recommened that all subsequent releases maintain the full ISO size and associated layerbreak (2133520) in the .dvd, which will help to ensure that they will be forward-compatible should any media manufacturers step up with new larger-capacity discs (which will be necessary in order to make XGD3 backups as safe as possible on Xbox LIVE).

The actual layerbreak for XGD3 ISOs is 2133520. However, when burning XGD3 ISOs to regular DVD+R DL, ImgBurn will automatically reposition/limit the layerbreak to 2086912 in accordance with the disc's maximum Layer 0 data zone capacity (2,086,912 [LBA: 0 - 2086911]). The LT-MAX feature in LT+ v2.0 will compensate for this and allow you to play XGD3 backups with this wrong layerbreak, and therefore wrong game partition data PSN locations."

INSTRUCTIONS FOR BURNING XGD3 BACKUPS WITH IMGBURN

We recommended that you use the latest version of ImgBurn. Older versions may handle this process differently and/or give a different set of errors.

Although it is set by default in ImgBurn, please ensure that under Tools > Settings > Write, you have "Layer Break (For DL Media)" set to "Calculate Optimal".

Please ensure that the layerbreak is set as 2133520 in the .dvd file. If you already have the XGD2 (or other) layerbreak value set in ImgBurn, the .dvd of the XGD3 ISO will override that setting and use the proper layerbreak.

As mentioned above, ImgBurn will automatically reposition/limit the layerbreak to 2086912 when burning to regular DVD+R DL discs.

Please see the included imgburn-xgd3-errors.png image for screenshots of the errors you'll encounter in ImgBurn and what to click on in each dialog that pops up.

Step by Step:
                          1. Choose "Write image file to disc", and after loading the .dvd file, click "Write".
                          2. ImgBurn will pop up a notice saying that there is not enough space on the disc to burn the image, and asks if you would like to continue anyway. Click "Yes".
                          3. Another message might pop up saying that optimal layerbreak position exceeds L0 capacity. Click "Yes".
                          4. An error will then pop up noting that "Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Failed". Click "Continue".
                          5. The image will begin writing to the disc.
                          6. Nearing the end of the write process, ImgBurn will pop up an error at around 97% or 98% (this is what we want -- it's intentional!). Click "Cancel".
                          7. A notice will then pop up asking if you would like ImgBurn to try and perform the "'Close Track/Session/Disc' functions". Click "Yes".
                          8. Let the disc finalize, and you're done!

INSTRUCTION FOR BURNING XGD3 BACKUPS WITH GROWISOFS
                          truncate --size=8547991552 xgd3game.iso
                          growisofs -use-the-force-luke=dao -use-the-force-luke=break:2086912 -dvd-compat -speed=4 -Z /dev/dvd=xgd3game.iso

Source: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=736274

IF you would like to make life easier for yourself. Buy an iHas Burner and flash with BurnerMax Firmware.
                          iHas (w/ BurnerMax) are cheap, great value and you are less likely to burn a coaster if you use one.

Comment

sorry posted on wrong topic. darn iphone browser.

Comment

Working...
                            X