Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these trackers should I try to enter? Which should I dismiss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these trackers should I try to enter? Which should I dismiss?

Hi! Since I started in the private tracker world (recently), I've joined quite a few private trackers. Now, I've still have a list of trackers "to join", but I'm having my doubts if I'd ever going to use them, as I'm starting to believe that with the ones that I already have and the public ones, I can get almost anything I'll use.

I'm mostly interested in rare and old movies, e-books, classic music.

What are your suggestions? Should I still keep them in my list? Do they worth the effort of trying to enter, or getting an invite?

This question is mostly oriented to people that is inside one (or more) of the trackers below, that can make a comparison, although all opinions are welcome.

These are the trackers which I would like to enter:

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (learning): I'm member of TheGeeks, Elbitz, MyAnonamouse, Bitspyder.

Bibliotik

Learnbits
    Bitme

MUSIC (Member of rutracker)

WhatCD
    Waffles

LzTr

MOVIES/TV (Member of Karagarga, Goem, Cinemageddon, Tv-Vault, Cinematik, ScienceHD, Iloveclassics, TorrentLeech, VeinticuatroFPS, BT-ARG)

BTN
    PTP
    Tehconection
    Gorgoron
    MySpleen
    SecretCinema

Seriously, for e-learning every tracker has different content. I'm member of bitme, and can say that it's pretty worth. For music, since your not looking for any specific genre, waffles or what.cd will be enough.

For movies you can take PTP, and BTN, thus it will fulfill all your needs!

Remember, if you search specific content (flac music for example) everything that I said above changes completely!

Comment

I would recommend you try and get into BTN for all your tv shows. For everything else, it's really up to you and your preference. But to start off, I would try to see if you can find an invite to IPT as they are a great general tracker with lots of peers and freeleech.. not to mention all the content they have.
      Just need HDBits.org to satisfy my needs.

Comment

I'll try and help with the trackers that I'm already a member on your list;

About music trackers:
        • what.cd is probably the best tracker for all around music and its gazelle based which can be very handy especially on a music tracker but is very hard to keep a decent ratio. (highly recommended)

• waffles is the alternative to what.cd in my opinion, good tracker all around, not as much content as what.cd but easier to maintain a ratio (recommended)

• lztr is a gazelle based music tracker which is dedicated to OST. If you are into soundtracks, this will be one of your favorite trackers ever. It is also gazelle based but its also hard to maintain a ratio. (highly recommended if you are into OST)

About series/movie trackers:
        • BTN is simply the best TV tracker all around, fact. Ratioless, amazing looks, huge database and excellent retention What more do you want, right? (highly recommended)

• PTP is the greatest movie archive in the net (IMO), Gazelle, not hard to maintain a ratio, a huge database with good retention. (highly recommended)
        Last edited by CyniC; March 12, 2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I'll try not to sound redundant with this but on top of echoing the sentiments of the above posters...
          waffles for music is MORE than good enough....
          and having recently joined PTP...boy oh boy... i find it a little hard to believe one can need any other movie tracker..but alas, we all can think of a thing or two that even the biggest archived trackers don't have. imagine if one tracker had EVERYTHING?!?! where's the fun in that?

But to add my own two cents here. It'd probably be best to narrow down what you're looking for in terms of quality and speed of releases i guess. Because seeing your already big list of trackers that you're a member of, and the list you've narrowed it down to. There's only so much left to nit-pick at before make a call. oh and types of content (i know some things that teh has that ptp doesn't and so on)

I've spent countless hours reading the tracker reviews section. Between those and some word of mouths from some members, i've finally nestled in my own little tracker group suited to my every needs.

BTN for anything tv related. PTP for movies. Waffles to start off; because honestly, i didn't realize exactly how hard a "hard to seed" tracker was. and thats WITH a seedbox. but i would suggest waffles before diving into what.cd. Plus i'm not a part of what.cd so i can't give you a solid view of how hard to see it is, but i keep reading members say it. Doable, but takes patience and effort.

Comment

So I think I should try to enter into BTN, PTP, Bitme and Waffles... hmm... quite a job for me here.

Thank you all very much for time and your responses.

Originally posted by ccb03 View Post
            I'll try not to sound redundant with this but on top of echoing the sentiments of the above posters...
            waffles for music is MORE than good enough....
            and having recently joined PTP...boy oh boy... i find it a little hard to believe one can need any other movie tracker..but alas, we all can think of a thing or two that even the biggest archived trackers don't have. imagine if one tracker had EVERYTHING?!?! where's the fun in that?

But to add my own two cents here. It'd probably be best to narrow down what you're looking for in terms of quality and speed of releases i guess. Because seeing your already big list of trackers that you're a member of, and the list you've narrowed it down to. There's only so much left to nit-pick at before make a call. oh and types of content (i know some things that teh has that ptp doesn't and so on)

I've spent countless hours reading the tracker reviews section. Between those and some word of mouths from some members, i've finally nestled in my own little tracker group suited to my every needs.

BTN for anything tv related. PTP for movies. Waffles to start off; because honestly, i didn't realize exactly how hard a "hard to seed" tracker was. and thats WITH a seedbox. but i would suggest waffles before diving into what.cd. Plus i'm not a part of what.cd so i can't give you a solid view of how hard to see it is, but i keep reading members say it. Doable, but takes patience and effort.

Comment

Nice information here. Thanks and repped to everyone that chipped in

Comment

I would say try to get in what.cd instead of waffles. I don't know but I've somehow feeling that waffles is slooowly dying away. I'm on the both trackers but I must say I have not really used waffles since I joined what.cd. I found that a) what.cd has better supply for music b) it's easier to use and looks awesome with that black theme

Comment

Originally posted by tomake View Post
                  I would say try to get in what.cd instead of waffles. I don't know but I've somehow feeling that waffles is slooowly dying away. I'm on the both trackers but I must say I have not really used waffles since I joined what.cd. I found that a) what.cd has better supply for music b) it's easier to use and looks awesome with that black theme
                  And is gazelle based... the best tracker manager...

try to get in PTP, Bitme, what.cd and BTN and you can get everything. :)

Comment

Originally posted by AtomBoy View Post
                    And is gazelle based... the best tracker manager...

try to get in PTP, Bitme, what.cd and BTN and you can get everything. :)
                    Well yeah that too..

And in fact you don't need other trackers than those.

Comment

I think the only one who knows the answer is you, because every one has his opinion about something so I think you should read every tracker reviews then you can decide.

Comment

Working...
                      X