This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFT and ratio?

I just got invited to GFT and man it looks hard to build up your ratio. There are absolutely no leechers, every torrent is 5 seeders to 0 leechers, how are people suppose to maintain a good ratio? Any ideas on what I should do?
    Last edited by steelcity; April 24, 2011, 02:23 AM.

Re: How build ratio at GFT?

GFT is a ratioless tracker, you don't need to build up your ratio, just seed for 48 hours ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Escobar View Post
      GFT is a ratioless tracker, you don't need to build up your ratio, just seed for 48 hours ;)
      LOL, I forgot all about it being ratio-less. Thanks.

Comment

Nevertheless you will need to boost your total upload to get promoted to higher userclass, I advise you to download the newest torrents, you will get some upload

Comment

LOL.
          I myself DL from GFT/AO and cross-seed to other trackers.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftArrow View Post
            LOL.
            I myself DL from GFT/AO and cross-seed to other trackers.
            I do too lol, oh well.

Comment

Seed for as long as possible, longer than 48hrs even though that's the minimum at GFT.

Comment

To me seeding for as long as possible isn't very helpful. On GFT it seems that the best chance at getting upload credit is by snatching torrents as soon as they come out. I have rarely seen old torrents with any real leeching. Its tricky though because people with seedboxes grab all the good new releases and steal all the upload credit :[

Comment

the best way to build ratio there is by uploading new material

Comment

Originally posted by shadowbuild View Post
                    the best way to build ratio there is by uploading new material
                    Easier said than done. They get scene releases up really fast and anything worthwhile will be up before you have a chance to especially if you have to seed it at the tracker you download it from.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenden View Post
                      Easier said than done. They get scene releases up really fast and anything worthwhile will be up before you have a chance to especially if you have to seed it at the tracker you download it from.
                      Actually, easier done than said. Let's see..... hmmmm.... I don't think they have any releases (generally) from 2008>. So what can you upload that isn't from 2008<... hmmm.. . Upload popular old games, movies, anything. People's scripts snatch it, so it's not like they won't download if it isn't cool.

Comment

id just like to say the thread title made me lol hard

Comment

Originally posted by Bandersnatch View Post
                          People's scripts snatch it, so it's not like they won't download if it isn't cool.
                          Thats actually a very good point, I've never considered it. Of any tracker GFT is bound to have one of the higher amounts of RSS feeding leechers. I'm definitely trying this out.

Comment

I changed the title, happy? Or are you still "LOL", "hard"?

Comment

Re: GFT and ratio?

Your other title generated more traffic so I liked it better than this one. Hah.

Comment

Working...
                              X