This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [10%] Invites to Dropbox, SugarSync and a more secure alternative

Here are invites to some of the cloud storage services where you can drag and drop files to store them on the internet for free.
    It is important to keep a backup of our most important files, and online backup is the way to go. In fact, creating accounts on different providers to store our files may come in handy in case we have problem with any service provider.

Dropbox: 2.5GB Storage
    Dropbox is the most popular service and definitely a good idea to have an account. You get a Dropbox folder where you keep the files you want to backup and you can sync it across multiple computers. You can also do other stuffs like create a folder in your Dropbox folder where you can add files from anywhere you can login to Dropbox and have anything you add to that folder be automatically printed on your home. You get 2GB free, but if you sign up using a referral link, we both get 500MB extra (it used to be 250MB but I recently got an e-mail from Dropbox saying 500MB so I'm posting 500MB here) so you'll get to start with 2.5GB.

SugarSync: 5.5GB Storage
    Sugarsync is an alternative to Dropbox, but you get more storage and the ability to sync from multiple folders. In case of SugarSync, you'd normally get 5GB but from the referral link you and I both get 500MB extra.

SpiderOak: 3GB Secure Storage
    This is a must for the privacy-concerned. And everyone should be privacy-concerned. Remember that in many countries (like Canada) the government may request a copy of your data with a warrant, and in some countries (like the US) your data may be accessed even without a warrant (USA Patriot Act). The thing is, providers like Dropbox keep the encryption key to your data. They can and will turn your data over to law enforcement if it is requested. So it is clear that they don't care about the privacy of your data, and in any case it is a better idea to use a secure alternative like SpiderOak.

SpiderOak offers more security, storing data so even their own employees cannot access it without your password or passphrase! Spideroak encrypts your data before sending it, so your data stays secure. In this case you get 2GB for normal sign-up and 1GB extra for sign-up via referral.

If you are interested in any or all of the above services, post here and then PM me and I'll send you the invite link(s). Thanks.

People who received invites from me:
    1. Madhouse - SpiderOak
    2. Ela - SpiderOak
    3. rosen - SpiderOak
    4. TLSG1008D - SpiderOak
    5. TorrentialRain - SpiderOak
    6. Fedor - SpiderOak
    7. vfx_guy- SpiderOak
    Last edited by achls; January 19, 2013, 07:50 AM.

...bump...

Comment

...bump...

Comment

...bump...

Comment

I would like a spideroak referral. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhouse View Post
            I would like a spideroak referral. Thanks a lot.
            Referral link sent.

Comment

I would also like spider oak referral - pming you now :)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ela View Post
                I would also like spider oak referral - pming you now :)
                Referral link sent.

Comment

...bump...

Comment

...bump...

Comment

I would like a SpiderOak referral if possible :) sending pm!

Comment

Originally posted by rosen
                        I would like a SpiderOak referral if possible :) sending pm!
                        Referral link sent.
                        Last edited by achls; April 22, 2012, 07:22 AM.

Comment

...bump...

Comment

...bump...

Comment

...bump...

Comment

Working...
                              X