From Torrent-Invites Wiki
- You must be ranked 10% or higher before joining the main channel (#torrent-invites)
- Do not join IRC and ask to be repped into the site.
- You must use your forum username (type /nick forumname)
- Do not flood the channel
- Swearing is discouraged
- No spamming of other sites
- There is a VIP channel, pm a Mod to be added so you can join. (/join #TI-VIP)
- Do not argue with mods or channel ops
- Do not ask for voice or op
- Changing to somebody elses nick to impersonate them will get you banned
- Do not flame other members if they ask you not to
- 12 Do not post any nsfw images on #Torrent-Invites
Joining IRC via the web client:
- Click where it says IRC (pointed to in the red box)
- You will then be taken to a page that loads a Java applet. This will be the web client for IRC
- Make sure the username is your site username. If you have a registered nick (see below for registering your IRC nick) check the box and enter your password.
- Click the "Start button.
- You will then be connected. Happy chatting!
How to Configure mIRC Tutorial
Server address: irc.torrent-invites.com Port Number: 6667 | SSL: +6697 Main Channel: #Torrent-Invites (No channel key required currently) Help Channel: #TIhelp (No channel key required)
1. To register your nickname type in:
/msg NickServ register password firstname.lastname@example.org <-- Use YOUR password & email address
2. If you have already registered your nick and are reconnecting to the server type in:
/msg NickServ identify your_password <-- Use YOUR password
3. Now you are registered and validated you can join the IRC channel by typing in:
4. VIP Tier 1 and up can also create a free virtual host to better protect your identity and for vanity:
/msg hostserv request your.vhost.name.here
5. If you run into any problems: Connect to T-I's Help Channel via your Web Browser