[Music] PianoSheets (PS) Review - Page 2
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
  • PianoSheets (PS) Review
Register

We are the best invite forum on the internet! Here you will find free invites, free seedboxes, free bonuses, and much more. Our members know the true meaning of sharing and have created a truly global bittorent community! Our site has the most up to date information on all private trackers and our members will guide you and introduce you to this truly secretive and enlightened club. Ready to get started? Register now!


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelKing View Post
    The IRC system to get new members in is almost non-existent. Been on the IRC for quite some time, not to seem impatient, but if the tracker is active both in IRC and in the forums, I would hope they'd still request new members every now and then. Since I signed in with their IRC, there has been no activity except for people looking to join.

    They have no bots, the invite IRC is not automated, so no way to get an invite unless a mod or admin is online, and even then, who is to say who is who, they do not label how their admin or moderators will join in query. for example, Characters such as this: &, *, %, #, etc.

    Seems like quite a nice site, but if they are to follow how to work, they have to put two and two together. Continue promoting the tracker, but yes keep it relatively chill to the outside.

    This is a prime way for trackers to die out, when old users stop using the tracker, and no one way to get new members in because you don't actively use your IRC system.
    After doing the IRC interview myself, all I can say is that I got in after 6 hours of waiting. The quiz itself, however, took less than ten minutes. You'll know who's a mod/admin in irc when you're transfered to another room with just yourself and someone who is going to interview you.

    Activity is a big problem on this site, the forums are completely dead. To give you an example, GFT's forums look active in comparison. If you don't want to wait for an invite via IRC, get to PU on waffles, there's an unlimited invite thread there.


  2. Advertisement
    To remove ads become VIP. Inquire about advertising here.
  3. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tidog View Post
    After doing the IRC interview myself, all I can say is that I got in after 6 hours of waiting. The quiz itself, however, took less than ten minutes. You'll know who's a mod/admin in irc when you're transfered to another room with just yourself and someone who is going to interview you.

    Activity is a big problem on this site, the forums are completely dead. To give you an example, GFT's forums look active in comparison. If you don't want to wait for an invite via IRC, get to PU on waffles, there's an unlimited invite thread there.
    Can I ask what the quiz was like? What it's about? I'd love to join. Didn't realise you could join like that.

  4. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tidog View Post
    After doing the IRC interview myself, all I can say is that I got in after 6 hours of waiting. The quiz itself, however, took less than ten minutes. You'll know who's a mod/admin in irc when you're transfered to another room with just yourself and someone who is going to interview you.

    Activity is a big problem on this site, the forums are completely dead. To give you an example, GFT's forums look active in comparison. If you don't want to wait for an invite via IRC, get to PU on waffles, there's an unlimited invite thread there.
    That;s the problem, for all I know you and I could have been in the room at the same time if this sign up for you was recent. I had no transfer, all this was on the screen:

    Now talking in ****
    area52.us.p2p ******
    ChanServ sets mode: +r
    Welcome to PianoSheets.org Interview ******
    ChanServ sets mode: -0 *********

    Now I'm not sure If I'm in the right or wrong section, but I do know the IRC controls XD. I would just assume an auto quiz to ask the simple things, and a few proof shots, gets sent to admin, and you get the answer through email at some point if you get the OK.

    As of now, I'm the only one who is in the room, if that is usual to see. I would have thought forums were dead. If I don't hear much about the site except opentrackers or just browsing. I would love to get an invite from the waffles gang, except not signed up with waffles, so that's the bigger issue. lol Should just have a few invite threads, maybe on IPT as well as torrentleech. :P

  5. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otis View Post
    Can I ask what the quiz was like? What it's about? I'd love to join. Didn't realise you could join like that.
    While the WCD quiz is about your knowledge of the subject, and making sure you know all sorts of crap (even stuff that's not on the quiz interview prep in my case, I still need to take that again), this quiz was about ten questions, and was more like "what client do you use?", "How long have you played an instrument?", "How long have you been torrenting?", etc. I think there were only two or three questions that had "wrong" answers. It's really simple to get in through irc, just join the irc when you start using your pc, set it to notify you when something happens, and then just leave it on in the background. I got it my first time trying, but it shouldn't be too hard to have a program running in the background. Also, I don't think the waffles way would be any faster. Many people log into waffles about once or twice a week. Couple his with the fact that the guy is on pianosheets, and he might log in twice a month. I could be completely wrong, but these two communities aren't exactly known for their speed when it comes to responses.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelKing View Post
    That;s the problem, for all I know you and I could have been in the room at the same time if this sign up for you was recent. I had no transfer, all this was on the screen:

    Now talking in ****
    area52.us.p2p ******
    ChanServ sets mode: +r
    Welcome to PianoSheets.org Interview ******
    ChanServ sets mode: -0 *********

    Now I'm not sure If I'm in the right or wrong section, but I do know the IRC controls XD. I would just assume an auto quiz to ask the simple things, and a few proof shots, gets sent to admin, and you get the answer through email at some point if you get the OK.

    As of now, I'm the only one who is in the room, if that is usual to see. I would have thought forums were dead. If I don't hear much about the site except opentrackers or just browsing. I would love to get an invite from the waffles gang, except not signed up with waffles, so that's the bigger issue. lol Should just have a few invite threads, maybe on IPT as well as torrentleech. :P
    If you joined the room that is on their URL homepage, you should be in the right place. When I was there about half a year ago, an admin was idling, but given how good the staff is (the tracker just came back online after being down for two weeks for the umpteenth time), I wouldn't be surprised if they just checked in once a week. It's a good site, but there is little there that you can't find on other sites or through irc, so there's really no rush to get in. I do like how this site isn't mentioned most places though. I think it is almost like a secret tracker just because of the inactivity of the userbase.
    Last edited by tidog; October 26th, 2013 at 09:48 PM.

  6. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tidog View Post
    While the WCD quiz is about your knowledge of the subject, and making sure you know all sorts of crap (even stuff that's not on the quiz interview prep in my case, I still need to take that again), this quiz was about ten questions, and was more like "what client do you use?", "How long have you played an instrument?", "How long have you been torrenting?", etc. I think there were only two or three questions that had "wrong" answers. It's really simple to get in through irc, just join the irc when you start using your pc, set it to notify you when something happens, and then just leave it on in the background. I got it my first time trying, but it shouldn't be too hard to have a program running in the background. Also, I don't think the waffles way would be any faster. Many people log into waffles about once or twice a week. Couple his with the fact that the guy is on pianosheets, and he might log in twice a month. I could be completely wrong, but these two communities aren't exactly known for their speed when it comes to responses.
    Awesome. Thanks for that, I'll give it a try at some point.

  7. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tidog View Post
    While the WCD quiz is about your knowledge of the subject, and making sure you know all sorts of crap (even stuff that's not on the quiz interview prep in my case, I still need to take that again), this quiz was about ten questions, and was more like "what client do you use?", "How long have you played an instrument?", "How long have you been torrenting?", etc. I think there were only two or three questions that had "wrong" answers. It's really simple to get in through irc, just join the irc when you start using your pc, set it to notify you when something happens, and then just leave it on in the background. I got it my first time trying, but it shouldn't be too hard to have a program running in the background. Also, I don't think the waffles way would be any faster. Many people log into waffles about once or twice a week. Couple his with the fact that the guy is on pianosheets, and he might log in twice a month. I could be completely wrong, but these two communities aren't exactly known for their speed when it comes to responses.


    If you joined the room that is on their URL homepage, you should be in the right place. When I was there about half a year ago, an admin was idling, but given how good the staff is (the tracker just came back online after being down for two weeks for the umpteenth time), I wouldn't be surprised if they just checked in once a week. It's a good site, but there is little there that you can't find on other sites or through irc, so there's really no rush to get in. I do like how this site isn't mentioned most places though. I think it is almost like a secret tracker just because of the inactivity of the userbase.

    Too true, though never found a way to limit what IRC window will beep me if something is a midst. :( I'll have every chat bleeping me all day. lol Well as you say what I think usually happens is yeah single logings each week to keep the account active, boring and should be pruned if there is no upload or download for some time. But yeah, that link that's up, joined it what? more then a week ago. Not even sure how active their admin are with the site updates and such. All I saw on their twitter was their tracker was back up, emailed them, and they have not said one word. Wh have a twitter that tells what your site is about if you can't even answer the questions people might send to ya. :P

    Yeah quiz on the sites usually are very simple and easy to pass, just prep, or google and someone might have done the application for anything and tell you what they put or how to quiz looked to them as @tigo d explained :D

  8. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelKing View Post
    Too true, though never found a way to limit what IRC window will beep me if something is a midst. :( I'll have every chat bleeping me all day. lol Well as you say what I think usually happens is yeah single logings each week to keep the account active, boring and should be pruned if there is no upload or download for some time. But yeah, that link that's up, joined it what? more then a week ago. Not even sure how active their admin are with the site updates and such. All I saw on their twitter was their tracker was back up, emailed them, and they have not said one word. Wh have a twitter that tells what your site is about if you can't even answer the questions people might send to ya. :P

    Yeah quiz on the sites usually are very simple and easy to pass, just prep, or google and someone might have done the application for anything and tell you what they put or how to quiz looked to them as @tigo d explained :D
    Just a thought here, you can use one client (like mibbit) for the PS irc, and another client MIRC for all the other stuff. Not the best way to do it, but it should work. Sorry to hear that it's not working for you. I only had o wait for several hours before being quizzed. Good luck, I hope you get in eventually!

  9. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tidog View Post
    Just a thought here, you can use one client (like mibbit) for the PS irc, and another client MIRC for all the other stuff. Not the best way to do it, but it should work. Sorry to hear that it's not working for you. I only had o wait for several hours before being quizzed. Good luck, I hope you get in eventually!
    I use Mirc, so I should try mibbit? Is there a difference, or just overall more of a chance with the other then Mirc? I have 4 others in here waiting for a moderator as well. lol

    No problem, if I can't get in, there are more trackers as well as public domains with treasure chest full of material. :D

  10. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelKing View Post
    I use Mirc, so I should try mibbit? Is there a difference, or just overall more of a chance with the other then Mirc? I have 4 others in here waiting for a moderator as well. lol

    No problem, if I can't get in, there are more trackers as well as public domains with treasure chest full of material. :D
    My bad for not saying this clearly. You said that you were having trouble getting an alert to go off for only one window, so I thought you might be able to use two client simultaneously. Mibbit for the ones you want to notify you when there is a new message, and MIRC for the ones that you want to be quiet. It's only a notification thing, I don't think one will work better than the other. The only reason I picked mibbit is because you don't have to install it. Public sites are definitely a viable option. Pianosheets has very little "rare" content.

  11. #20

    Default

    haha no problem :P Thanks for letting me know about that one, never really used it, just heard the name whispered around. Yeah I figured PianoSheets.org was just a mixture of whatnot. Yeah I find things pretty quickly just using good ole google. ;)

    Just wonder really how active their user base is. O.o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [RIP] Pornscene (PS) Review
    By wexio in forum Tracker Reviews
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: November 19th, 2012, 11:19 AM
  2. [General] PolishSource (PS) Review
    By Itchant in forum Tracker Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 1st, 2012, 12:56 PM
  3. [Old] PianoSheet (PS) Review
    By materialgirl in forum Tracker Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 12th, 2010, 10:19 PM
  4. [Old] PWTorrents (PWT) Review
    By pangare in forum Tracker Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •