Review Date: July 11th 2009
Review compiled by: Mankind
Tracker Type: General/ 0 day
Tracker Age: Almost 4 1/2 years (they celebrated their 4th Anniversary last November), one of the oldest private trackers still online and are going strong as we speak.
Most Popular Category
TV XVID – 6,803 entries (at the time of posting)
They have a thing called ratio building which can loosely be attached with freeleech status.
This is because not only are upload stats only recorded during this period but download stats are greatly reduced, meaning 50 percent less and at times double upload stats being offered. On other occasion an increase in 300% (refer to screenshot below)
They haven’t got a bonus system as such but many other features make it a whole lot better. (Explained in greater detail as we progress – review wise -.).
Torrents - 22,967 results
User base - 40000+ users
Minimum Ratio Requirements
• Downloaded 1GB your Minimum Ratio must be 0.05
• Downloaded 2.5GB your Minimum Ratio must be 0.075
• Downloaded 5GB your Minimum Ratio must be 0.1
• Downloaded 10GB your Minimum Ratio must be 0.2
• Downloaded 15GB your Minimum Ratio must be 0.3
• Downloaded 20GB your Minimum Ratio must be 0.4
• And finally, if you download more than 25GB your ratio must be higher than 0.50
Overall Ratio vs. Individual Torrent Ratio
• It's important to distinguish between your overall ratio and the individual ratio on each torrent you may be seeding or leeching. The overall ratio takes into account the total uploaded and downloaded from your account since you joined the site. The individual ratio takes into account those values for each torrent. Your overall ratio is displayed within the top toolbar.
This page contains an up-to-date list of the torrent clients you are permitted to use. We use a "whitelist" system of allowed clients and edit this list often.
• Azureus 2.5.x
• Azureus 3.0.x
• Azureus/Vuze 3.1.x
• Azureus/Vuze 4.0.x
• BitTornado 0.3.x (TorrentFlux)
• Deluge 0.9.x
• Deluge 1.0.x
• Enhanced CTorrent 3.3.x
• Halite 0.3.0.x
• Halite 0.3.1.x
• KTorrent 2.2.x
• KTorrent 3.0.x
• KTorrent 3.1.x
• libtorrent 0.10.4 (rTorrent)
• libtorrent 0.11.x (rTorrent)
• libtorrent 0.12.x (rTorrent)
• Transmission 1.2.x
• Transmission 1.3.x
• Transmission 1.4.x
• uTorrent Mac 0.9.0.x (Beta)
• uTorrent 1.7.7
• uTorrent 1.8
• uTorrent 1.8.1
• uTorrent 1.8.2
If your client of choice does not appear on the page, it is not allowed to be used - the tracker will not let you seed or leech.
We periodically update this list to ensure users are upgrading to the latest versions of clients. Most major changes to this list will be announced.
This article discusses the requirements of becoming an uploader at Torrent-Damage. For information on seeding or improving ratio, see the main KB page.
Only specially authorized users (Uploaders) have permission to upload new torrents.
What criteria must I meet before I can join the Uploader team?
• You must be at least Power User class or higher
• You must be able to provide releases that include the original NFO, are genuine scene releases and have all files in original format (usually 14.3 MB or 47.6 MB RARs).
• You must also be able to seed your uploads for at least 24 hours (or until they are well seeded).
• You should have at least 2mbit upload bandwidth and have a ratio greater than 1.05.
I meet the requirements and want to upload! How do I apply?
• If you think you can meet the above criteria do not hesitate to contact one of the Administrators, via site PM providing information pertaining to the following:
• What kind of connection do you have, i.e. ADSL, ADSL2, SDSL, Cable, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet or other
• What is your up & down speed In megabits or kilobits per second
• Will you be using a "seed box" or similar, or will you be uploading from home
• What are you using as a source i.e. Topsite, personal archive, home made, other torrent sites, usenet, etc.
• What do you plan to upload primarily i.e. XviD, MP3, DVDR, PC-ISO, etc.
• Remember! Write your application carefully! Only well written letters with serious intent will be considered. Users who have a poor ratio (i.e. below 1.05) should not apply.
The invitation system (and new user registrations) is currently in the BETA stage.
More information regarding the new invite system will be detailed here when it is out of its beta testing.
For now once you become a Power User (i.e. upload 10 Gb or more), you can make a request for invites on the forum (on a thread made specifically for requesting invites). The best part is the staff members being extremely friendly and usually provides a prompt reply, not to mention two invites.
Forums and Community:
Server: Channel #td-invite on Server irc.torrent-damage.net or falcon.torrent-damage.net (only mibbit is supported)
SSL: (+6697 for SSL)
Channel(s): (listed on screen shot above)
Signup URL: None found on homepage, provided with invitation code.
Site Name: Torrent-Damage (Torrent-Damage)
•Unless I am mistaken it might be the only site offering Power User status for 10 Gb, even sites like Bitspyder (e learning tracker) require 15 Gb. Further you get to the Extreme Power User class with 25 Gb
•Offers invites via their IRC channel, helpful and friendly staff members, some of the best you’ll ever find anywhere (trust me I am on many of them – trackers i.e.)
Ratings and Comments:
•Content: 8/10 – With over 22,000 torrents you are bound to find most of the stuff that you are looking for, be it xxx, tv episodes, movies etc. There are even some packs not found on GFT.
•Speed: 8/10 – I have got the best speeds possible on almost all of my torrents albeit for only one, most of the users have got seed boxes.
•Community: 7/10 – Thriving community, They have also got users acting as First Line Support for General issues and apart from that there are a variety of issues to choose from on the forums.
•This is one tracker that I’ll recommend to any user without a shadow of a doubt.
This tracker isn’t hard to seed to so that might be a wakeup call to all the low bandwidth users as well, further with only 10gb needed for power user status, this tracker should be a highly sought after one for all users who prefer to find most of their torrenting needs (general) under one site.
Last but not least there aren’t any wait times etc like in some other trackers so once again it makes it easier for a newcomer.
I hope this review had proved to be helpful and certainly insightful, or at the very least giving you a better understanding of what Torrent Damage has to offer (with loads of sneak peeks).
Do note that I wasn’t paid by the TD staff to write this review (:P) and the review is entirely based on my opinions and observations. Feel free to direct any questions and/or comments as deemed necessary either here or via pm.
Always glad to assist.