This is Courtesy of Waffles
This tutorial will show you how to create a torrent with µTorrent
File > Create New Torrent
A new window will appear, headed 'Create New Torrent' (see image 02)
1. Got to and copy your unique announce url which includes your passkey.
Paste this announce url into the 'Trackers' field.
2. Tick the two boxes that say 'Start Seeding' and 'Private Torrent'
3. If there is a 'Preserve file order' checkbox, then ensure this is checked.
Your 'Create New Torrent' should now look like the one below.
We now need to show utorrent the (album) folder that contains our files. So in the 'Create New Torrent' window, click the 'Add Directory' button.
When you do this, another little window will appear headed 'Browse For Folder'.
Here, browse to the folder that contains your files, and select/highlight it.
My (album) folder is called 'Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones'
When you've highlighted/selected the folder, click 'OK' and the 'Browse For Folder' box will close.
In the 'Create New Torrent' window under 'Select Source', you should now see the path to the folder that you selected.
You are now ready to create the .torrent file, so now click the 'Create and save as...' button in the 'Create New Torrent' window.
You will see a little progress bar counting up. This normally takes only a couple of seconds, but if you're creating a torrent from say, a 4gig Boxset or similar, then it may take a little longer.
Once the creation process is complete, µTorrent will ask you where you want to save the .torrent file to, that you have created.
You will see a box headed 'Select where to save the .torrent'. For the sake of simplicity, I am going to save it to my desktop. So I browse to desktop, and click 'Save'.
So now you have a .torrent file sitting on your desktop. You may notice that the torrent file is already in µTorrent, but it has a red up-arrow and a Tracker Status that says 'Failure: torrent not registered with this tracker' (see image 05)
You now need to upload the .torrent on your file to waffles.fm, and fill in the description etc. on the upload page of the site.
Once you have uploaded the .torrent file to waffles.fm successfully, go back to µTorrent and highlight/select the torrent, right-click over it, and choose 'Update Tracker'.
When you do this, you should see that arrow turn to green, and the Tracker Status should say 'Working'...
AND THAT'S IT. YOU'RE NOW SEEDING
Some things to note:
- In the Seeds column, dont worry if you dont see 0(1) straight away. As long as you have the green arrow, then the tracker will see you a seeder.
- Also, do not expect the torrent to just start uploading to someone once you have started seeding. It can take a while for people to see your upload on the site and start downloading. Patience is the key here. Remember, if you have the green arrow and the Tracker Status is 'Working' then everything is fine.