I made this tutorial for those having trouble joining T-I's IRC channel.
The main channel is #torrent-invites and it has a key protection, so only the registered members of the site can join in. To obtain the password for #torrent-invites, just send a PM to any staff member or go to #tihelp and ask for assistance.
Our Help channel is #tihelp and its open for everybody in need of help about site, username change, ban, or any other matter that concerns TI.com and its users. Be aware that idling in that channel too much will get you kicked out by the staff, so if you join, be sure that you are able to answer our questions. If NO staff is around, please write /part and return later.
Thank you !!
To join the main channel and have some phun here you go: Write this command wherever you want, in status, #tihelp or in private as nobody will see it. It`s a command that is visible only for you !!!
/j #torrent-invites (if there is a key needed, join #tihelp and ask for it as its changed from time to time)
MAC users press HERE !!
FOR VHOST PRESS HERE !!!
1) Google "mirc" and download it:
2) Install it.
3) The next images will explain how to setup the mIRC for T-I:
You have 4 fields to complete:
- Full name --> whatever you want
- Email --> fake is better, you need to keep yourself safe
- Username --> your T-I username (example: Veritas)
- Alternate Username --> in case your main username is already in use after a server split or lag(example: Veritas_)
4) Some extra options:
5) Final step is to register your username in IRC:
6) If all went good, you should see the main channel !!
Part 2 of this tutorial can be found here
PS1: Thanks to VEGAS for his HUGE help !!
PS2: If you are to copy this tutorial on other site(s) please give credit to Veritas @ TI.com