Steps to "Enable Stereoscopic 3D" in Nvidia Control Panel for unsupported monitors/projectors?
1. Install the latest Nvidia GeForce drivers and then Nvidia 3D Vision drivers.
2. Remove VGA pin 12 (SDA) out of VGA cable to stop EDID (DDC-Serial data). Check if monitor detected as "Non-Plug and Play Monitor" in Device Manager.
3. Device manager --> Monitor --> Uninstall driver ticking "Delete the driver software for this device". Then Manually force update the monitor driver with file "Acer_H5360.inf" and restart PC.
4. Desktop right click --> Screen resolution --> "1.Display device on: VGA". Here if it shows the "DELL S300" name, then Dell EDID value was read from registry. In this case, repeat step 3.
5. Open regedit. Search and find "StereoVisionConfirmed". Change the DWORD value from 0 to 1. Save and exit.
The path for Windows7 x64 would probably be [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]
6. Open Nvidia Control Panel --> Change resolution --> 1280x720 @ 120 Hz.
If it is unavailable in list, add two custom resolutions as below and then choose b. 120 Hz.
(a) 1280x720, 60 Hz, 32 bit, Progressive
(b) 1280x720, 120 Hz, 32 bit, Progressive
7. In Nvidia Control Panel --> Setup Stereoscopic 3D --> Tick 'Enable Stereoscopic 3D'.
If setup wizard starts, then screen resolution changes to unsupported and becomes totally blank. Press 'Windows' key - Screen becomes visible; Right click on taskbar --> Task Manager --> Endtask the 3D Stereo Setup wizard.
8. Check if tick is still present in "Enable Stereoscopic 3D". Change Monitor type to "Generic CRT display" below.
9. Click "Test Stereoscopic 3D" --> Resolution=1280 by 720, Antialiasing=4X, Refresh rate=120 Hertz, Apply this refresh rate to all games --> Apply --> Launch Test Application. See NVIDIA logo in 3D. Apply, Ok and you are done enabling 3D stereo driver.
10. With some uncertified monitors you may have to wear the 3D glasses upside-down as Nvidia has removed the 'Invert stereo' option from the 3D control panel. Still, many 3D Stereoscopic Photo/Video players have swap Left/Right option to wear it normal.
11. Use 'Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player' or 'Stereoscopic Player' to watch 3D Stereoscopic movies.