How to turn your computer off after a certain time
Register

We are the best invite forum on the internet! Here you will find free invites, free seedboxes, free bonuses, and much more. Our members know the true meaning of sharing and have created a truly global bittorent community! Our site has the most up to date information on all private trackers and our members will guide you and introduce you to this truly secretive and enlightened club. Ready to get started? Register now!

User Tag List

Default How to turn your computer off after a certain time

Okay, this is very nice when you want your computer to turn off after seeding torrents for a certain amount of time.

Here is the YT video (tut continues after video):
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8NTLb3HxpE]YouTube - shutdown exe[/ame]

So here is what you need to do to decide the time: Instead of writing "shutdown.exe -s"
    you need to write: "shutdown.exe -s -t 500 -c "A note?"" without the "" in the start and end.

What you can change:
    where i wrote "50", you can write whatever number you like. That number means number of seconds before shutdown. And in the """", you can write the note that should appear before the computer turns off. It MAY work without it, but i have not tested. So you can write anything you like there.

A prank?
    I just want to add that this can be used as a prank on your friends. When i am going to prank my friends, i name the shortcut "Spotify Premium", and then a change the icon to the same as spotify. (right click --> properties --> change icon --> browse for the icon you want. You will find it in "program files".

Warning: When you first have clicked it, there is no way to stop it. The only alternative that MIGHT work is going to cmd and write "shutdown.exe -a". This is not tested.

PM asking for invites on your own risk. If your PM is incredibly stupid, it WILL be posted in the mocking block.
    Thank you to TI staff for five wonderful months!

2. To remove ads become VIP. Inquire about advertising here.

buumppp

PM asking for invites on your own risk. If your PM is incredibly stupid, it WILL be posted in the mocking block.

A prank?
    I just want to add that this can be used as a prank on your friends. When i am going to prank my friends, i name the shortcut "Spotify Premium", and then a change the icon to the same as spotify. (right click --> properties --> change icon --> browse for the icon you want. You will find it in "program files".
    These pranks are fun aren't they?

I remember tutorial year or two ago I used to make my WLAN publicly available.....only web pages displayed in right-to-left fonts, haha :) computers.....gonna love them.

Staying on the topic, of course 99% of population is easily scared even at the idea of merely /opening/ command prompt...I used this little program in my Windows days, perhaps someone will find it useful:
    Auto Shutdown for Windows (freeware)

I use a program called easysleep, very good and easy :)

Yea, its pretty fun :P The best part of this is that on some coputers, there will appear a countdown. You can set it to 10 mins, and the poor guy will try anything to stop it, but there is only one way (shutdown.exe -a)