Why does my reseed check always stop at 99.9%?
Register

We are the best invite forum on the internet! Here you will find free invites, free seedboxes, free bonuses, and much more. Our members know the true meaning of sharing and have created a truly global bittorent community! Our site has the most up to date information on all private trackers and our members will guide you and introduce you to this truly secretive and enlightened club. Ready to get started? Register now!

User Tag List

Default Why does my reseed check always stop at 99.9%?

I would say most of the time it does not say that 100% of it is there even though it is the same file I had downloaded from that site.

Basically I downloaded this original file and then I seeded it for a while. I removed the torrent from the seed box as well as the file. I re-upload the exact file a bit later for a reseed and upon a force recheck it always says 99.9%. Somehow a few KB to 1MB just disappeared out of nowhere.

2. To remove ads become VIP. Inquire about advertising here.

Are you sure the files are identical?

I know you say you have checked, but even if the nfo is different this fault will occur. The same scene releases can quite often have different nfo's, or contain information related to the tracker you downloaded from.

Have a check again, if not post back and we can think of some further reasons.
    Need Help? Then join our IRC Channel

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8...dsigjameo2.png

Thanks to HummingBird - TankGirl - Trevor - Mavarachi - Stevenb 1989 - All those guys in red

You know why

Quote Originally Posted by Jameo View Post
    Are you sure the files are identical?

I know you say you have checked, but even if the nfo is different this fault will occur. The same scene releases can quite often have different nfo's, or contain information related to the tracker you downloaded from.

Have a check again, if not post back and we can think of some further reasons.
    I downloaded this file from the same tracker that I am uploading it to. It is not a cross seed. It is indeed the identical file as far as I am concerned. It has happened to me multiple times. When it is a different tracker I was aware there could be a difference but when it's the same one it has me a little confused.

It happened to me too! I couldn't find the problem, but all I had to do was to:
    1. stop he *.torrent download (or check)
    2. right click on it and select Force Recheck
    3. when finished recheck click on start button!

It worked for me. Hope this help!

Quote Originally Posted by nykolae View Post
    It happened to me too! I couldn't find the problem, but all I had to do was to:
    1. stop he *.torrent download (or check)
    2. right click on it and select Force Recheck
    3. when finished recheck click on start button!

It worked for me. Hope this help!
    This will not drive the check past 99,9%, but you will dl the missing files.
    Need some help in portuguese?
    Send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    This will not drive the check past 99,9%, but you will dl the missing files.
    Exactly! I found no other way!

I've searched on utorrent forum and found this:
    "Many media player programs have a media indexer in them and even modify a file's MP3 tag...thus "corrupting" the last piece of that file as far as utorrent is concerned."

Maybe somehow files are being altered! Couldn't this be the problem?

If it is a MP3 the tags can be changed by the player, disable auto-tagging to correct that, but if it is something like a RARed scene release i can't see how you can change the files by using them, sisnce you must extract it.
    Need some help in portuguese?
    Send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    If it is a MP3 the tags can be changed by the player, disable auto-tagging to correct that, but if it is something like a RARed scene release i can't see how you can change the files by using them, sisnce you must extract it.

That is exactly what it is. The thing is I just transferred the file from the seedbox and to the computer. When I unarchive files I do that to another directory so the folders and files are untouched. It does not happen with every file, but it happens with the majority and I do nothing different from those it happens to to those that it doesn't happen to. I am just completely clueless as to what is going on. Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas so far.

Maybe it has something to do with the type of transfer that you use when you upload it back to the server? A misconfigured client perhaps? or maybe it's just the client itself? Try using a different client, or a different protocol such as SFTP.

Allmost allways that you upload something to your sv / seedbox some bytes or KB misses... you've to re-check if the files in the ftp are with the same size as the original files m8.

it happens a lot with me, and i upload a lot indeed ;)