Hi! I'm Steven,I'm a software engineer.In today's world it is estimated that atleast 10 computers are hacked and taken control off every single hour.
this is a simple guide to see if your PC has a direct connection to any ip or server!
1. First or all, close IE, msn, uTorrent etc. (not anti-virus) Anything that may have a direct connection to the net.
2. Open Cmd ("command prompt" if u cant find it go to "run" and then type in "cmd" or just make a search for cmd)
3. Now when you've cmd opened, type in "netstat -ano"
Now u should have lot's of ip's on cmd. At the right side, look for where it says ”ESTABLISHED" The other's (LISTENING, TIME_WAIT etc) are not important. Just the "ESTABLISHED" dude has a direct contact to your PC
4. At the very right side of cmd u see PID (process id) Look for the "ESTABLISGED" connections PID.
5. Open "Task manager" (Press "Ctrl + Shift + Esc", the faster way or just "Alt+ Ctrl + Del")
6. Go to Process > Show > Choose column and check the "PID" box, and press ok. Now the process-ID should appear same as it was in cmd.
Now look for the same "PID" which said "ESTABLISGED in Cmd and find it's process name. In my case the subject was "Java client" this time But if you find anything suspicious just kill the process and that's it. you can also trace them if you like.
I hope this helps you a bit. If you can't catch up or have any comments
reply down and I'll look forward to help you.Thanks!