the truth about seedboxes.cc
Register

We are the best invite forum on the internet! Here you will find free invites, free seedboxes, free bonuses, and much more. Our members know the true meaning of sharing and have created a truly global bittorent community! Our site has the most up to date information on all private trackers and our members will guide you and introduce you to this truly secretive and enlightened club. Ready to get started? Register now!

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default the truth about seedboxes.cc

A while ago I added a reply to the seedboxes.cc thread and the few minutes later it was removed. Below you can find an original reply:

Yesteday I bought an account from seedboxes.cc. After adding a few torrents it turned out that I wasn't able to download faster than 30MB/s, and one file from tl downloaded only with 5MB/s and it had more than 500 seeds. So I added something from ipt and it turned out that somebody with the IP which I share has added this file too so I had only 2 peers. Later I also tried some other free torrents but the situation remained the same. So the account cannot be used on ipt or tl, which are the trackers used most frequently by me, because I share an IP which is used intensively by someone else. What is more they have only 5 IPs for a server with 24 HDDs. I also decided to check whether the server is not overloaded and what happened? I discovered that the server doesn't have 10Gbps only 2x1Gbps and more than 1700Mbps were used. So I have only 200Mbps available and not the 10 Gbps advertised. I asked why it is so and after 18 hours I r4eceived the following reply:

The servers are equipped with 10gbit ethernet cards, and our backbone is over 50gbit. However this is a feature for the future, when we will add more hard disks on our servers to add more users on them. Currently we have not put on our servers so many people in order to justify the use of the 10gbit cards, routers and optics (which are very expensive and currently used only for our backbone core routers and switches. Each of our servers almost never goes above 1gbps average usage, so for now 2x1gbps is more than enough to justify our needs, and keep the cost low in order for us to order more servers and keep the subscriptions monthly, instead of requiring a 3 month prepayment.
    Once we put more users on our servers by the end of the year, we will rollout on each of these server a switch to the 10gbit links. This however does not make any difference for you or for the future clients. You will always have the required bandwidth available for your needs. None of our servers has congestion on the network. Also a sata disk can never read/write more than 80-90Mbyte/sec, so this is your real speed limit and not the network itself. We are "forced" in a way to advertise what we advertise, since our competitors do the exact same thing (and in a worse way too). This however is a small an innocent "marketing trick", with no real impact to the service quality you acquire from us. Our network backbone however, where all our servers are connected, is multi 10gigabit and shared among all the servers
    Only 2 HDDs are not used so 22 are functioning and you want to add 12 extra HDDs to this server!
    There is no 10Gbps NIC on this server. Anyone can check it so I don't understand why you keep on lying to customers.
    seedboxes it's high time you changed your offer and give the real parametres, false advertising is just making fools of people.

Seems that my msg was troublesome so they have removed the whole thread, thats why I'm opening this thread. Everybody can see the truth.

Wow. Very interesting indeed chief. That's why I use dedicated services or vps because you never know when these things happen. :)

Seems someone does understand caching either. The disk may have a speed limit but the RAM sure as hell doesn’t have one that matters.

I can max out my home 1Gbps Ethernet with one disk transfer point to point. Sharing 2 links that size between 22 users seems a touch more contention than seems reasonable.

Thats also why i stick to Dedi's. Because advertising Gigabit or more and then sharing it with a crazy number of users while not having that speed to the Internet but only Internal appears to be the Seedbox Industry Norm. Seen many a 100Mbps Dedi outperform a Gigabit slot.

I fail to see why some people call a server with 500Mbps up or less a Gigabit box just because it has a Gigabit NIC. Then sharing it between 20+ users and charging more than a 100Mbps dedi is worth just adds to the rudeness.

Am running a kimsufi dedi 3Euro box which gives me 11MB up at peak and 7-8 Megs easy on most sites , no issue whatsoever and when I come home , I see 700 GB uploaded !!!! But one misses the speed blasts upto 125 MBps on Gbits . But ya seeding 1:1 is a bit of a challenge these days now that most folks are on shared or dedi gbits which theoritcally can do 11MB easy on any torrent compared to a peak 11MB for 100mbps dedi.

Will be interesting to see if they answer something here, but it is certainly not what one would expect from such a provider. It clearly says 10Gbit max downlink on all of their packs, if it's really 2x1Gbit then firstly it's false advertisment, secondly scamming their customers' money..
    Saying that they advertise it falsely because some other providers do too is so childish. If someone robs a bank you go rob it too?...I'm kinda disappointed..

I3d.net has 2 gbit ports as advertised. 10gbits is theoretically not possible on most drives... I believe if actual real world speeds dont cross 50megs then all boxes of such types should be advertised as gbit shared, 10gbit shared increases expectations of users who spend more to enjoy the speed but return disappointed because SATA drives cant take such loads.

What other seedboxes with 10gbps/1gbps and faster upload/dl speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spabako View Post
    Will be interesting to see if they answer something here, but it is certainly not what one would expect from such a provider. It clearly says 10Gbit max downlink on all of their packs, if it's really 2x1Gbit then firstly it's false advertisment, secondly scamming their customers' money..
    Saying that they advertise it falsely because some other providers do too is so childish. If someone robs a bank you go rob it too?...I'm kinda disappointed..
    If they were going to reply, they wouldn't have removed their topic in the advertised section. They knew what they would have to face because of their "marketing trick". Their servers have 2x1Gbps and not 10Gbps, which is a fact they admitted to replying to my question. I'm adding a screen from their panel.

Quote Originally Posted by lollypop1 View Post
    I3d.net has 2 gbit ports as advertised. 10gbits is theoretically not possible on most drives... I believe if actual real world speeds dont cross 50megs then all boxes of such types should be advertised as gbit shared, 10gbit shared increases expectations of users who spend more to enjoy the speed but return disappointed because SATA drives cant take such loads.
    They have their own servers, not from the offer of i3d.net so they could have 10Gbps but unfortunatelly it's not so. Feral and seedhost.eu have real 10Gbps in their offer, which I have checked because I have accounts from them.

I've been torrenting for around 5 years now and can tell you, this is nothing new i'm afraid :( When i first started using seedboxes, i went with seedbox.fr.....BIG MISTAKE :( I was new to seedboxes at the time and at first glance, their deals seemed to be pretty good. Claimed to be 100meg connection 99.9% uptime etc. However they failed to declare that the 100meg connection was between the users on that block. So 8-10 of us throttling it, didn't amount to much. At times, i'd be able to reach just over 1MB/s down and only around 100kB/s up. Needless to say, i was less that thrilled, so i thought i'd give it a few days, try different trackers etc, to see if it improved. The following day, the server crashed and it was 4 days til i was able to use it again and when i did, the service was still just as poor.

So, i submitted a ticket, requesting a refund for the remaining time, as they had not fulfilled their end of the agreement. The response i got was shocking. They terminated my account, using their ultimate get out clause "closed due to breach of agreement-downloading copyright material"

Best thing you can do really is what i did and others here have mentioned, stick with dedi's and be sure to review a company before parting with your cash. I wouldn't put much stock into those that offer free 24hr trials etc, as i tried one, had a good trial, bought a seedbox and the service was rubbish. For the trial they'll put you on a dedi, or one with not many users. Find one and stick with it.

Apparently the following offer 10gbps shared:

Seedboxes.cc , seedhost.eu , feral , aireservers and underleech.org , secureboxes.net

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast