VSwap Usage
Register

We are the best invite forum on the internet! Here you will find free invites, free seedboxes, free bonuses, and much more. Our members know the true meaning of sharing and have created a truly global bittorent community! Our site has the most up to date information on all private trackers and our members will guide you and introduce you to this truly secretive and enlightened club. Ready to get started? Register now!

User Tag List

Thread: VSwap Usage

Default VSwap Usage

Have a seedbox trying to understand something with it.

Bandwidth Usage
    Memory Usage
    VSwap Usage
    Disk Usage

Those are the 4 areas i can keep an eye on - my interest is the VSwap and what this is in relation to Seedboxes. I don't run any auto programs or anything other than just seeding torrents but i keep noticing the Vswap useage is spiked a lot and i re-start the box to clear the usage - box sometime becomes difficult to log into when the Usage is spiked. Can anyone tell me what the VSwap is used for in relation to seedboxes. If i knew more about it then i would know better how to manage it.

Used a couple providers before but never really was able to track the VSwap with they had that as part of the box.

2. To remove ads become VIP. Inquire about advertising here.

VSwap is the same as swap (linux) or page file under windows. It's virtual memory that is used when allocated ram/memory has been exhausted. Ideally you should be using little to none as using swap can slow things down due to the slower access times of hard drives vs ram.

If your using Swap a lot then you have not got enough memory for the amount of services and torrents that are active. Try removing or disabling or removing services that aren't required. Lower Apache memory use or switch to another web server. Lower the amount of active torrents. There are many ways to reduce memory usage on basic linux install by just just switch to a lighter variant of a particular service.

The reason why you couldn't track VSwap could have been because you were not on a VPS previously or it just wasn't displayed via a control panel (think it's a new feature of Solus - but I don't use OpenVZ personally).

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by blahau View Post
    VSwap is the same as swap (linux) or page file under windows. It's virtual memory that is used when allocated ram/memory has been exhausted. Ideally you should be using little to none as using swap can slow things down due to the slower access times of hard drives vs ram.

If your using Swap a lot then you have not got enough memory for the amount of services and torrents that are active. Try removing or disabling or removing services that aren't required. Lower Apache memory use or switch to another web server. Lower the amount of active torrents. There are many ways to reduce memory usage on basic linux install by just just switch to a lighter variant of a particular service.

The reason why you couldn't track VSwap could have been because you were not on a VPS previously or it just wasn't displayed via a control panel (think it's a new feature of Solus - but I don't use OpenVZ personally).

Hope that helps.
    Thanks - think that pretty well answers the question - just been bugging me what it was