How to transfer Complete torrents and Data from one seedbox to another when changing
Register

We are the best invite forum on the internet! Here you will find free invites, free seedboxes, free bonuses, and much more. Our members know the true meaning of sharing and have created a truly global bittorent community! Our site has the most up to date information on all private trackers and our members will guide you and introduce you to this truly secretive and enlightened club. Ready to get started? Register now!

User Tag List

Default How to transfer Complete torrents and Data from one seedbox to another when changing

Hello !

I currently use a Seed.st box for 10$/month but i'm not really happy with my upload speed and especially with FTP downloads, i'm gonna change it and i'd like to know when i apply for a new one, how to transfer ALL the torrents with data that are currently seeding on my old seedbox ? without having to redownload the torrents from the new seedbox...

For my new seedbx, i expect the best possible using rutorrent, with at least 400GB space, unlimited bandwidth and the best possible upload/download rate... for a maximum 20-25 dollars, which ones are very serious and works very well ?

I use LzTr, Tranceroute, Trancetraffic trackers.

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by cobb; May 8th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

2. To remove ads become VIP. Inquire about advertising here.

Well, if you have SSH access in both, you can use rsync to transfer. But it will be as slow as it is today.

It is something like:

rsync -avz /folder/on/actual/server username@newSever:/folder/on/new/server

Last edited by Lefteris; May 8th, 2012 at 04:06 PM.

okay... or can i create a new public torrent on the first seedbox with all the download folder, download the new torrent from the new one, and then re-add the torrents one by one ? maybe the upload speed will be better than in FTP mode ?

If no one grabs your public torrent, it might be the same, because using a client like CuteFTP that slices the file and create many connections at the same time, downloading can be as good as in bitTorrent.

hmm Okay, and with Rsync, do i have to put somewhere in the command the password of the new seedbox ? i don't see this in your formula you gave me

as in a SSH access, it will ask you for password.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

and don't worry, rsync is fast: SQUARISM » SCP vs RSync vs SMB vs FTP

Quote Originally Posted by cobb View Post
    Hello ! I currently use a Seed.st box for 10$/month but i'm not really happy with my upload speed and especially with FTP downloads, i'm gonna change it and i'd like to know when i apply for a new one, how to transfer ALL the torrents with data that are currently seeding on my old seedbox ? without having to redownload the torrents from the new seedbox... For my new seedbx, i expect the best possible using rutorrent, with at least 400GB space, unlimited bandwidth and the best possible upload/download rate... for a maximum 20-25 dollars, which ones are very serious and works very well ? Thanks a lot
    Seed.st supports fxp but does not give SSH, so i dont think rsync is viable if you decide to move. Im currently trying to figure out the best way to move some files to my other box from seed.st as well - the best way seems to be fxp, and if you have problems using fxp try connecting to the one youre moving to using FTP with ssl (assuming it supports it). If you want more storage, you might have a look at seedboxes.cc 500 gig package, its roughly $25 a month and has decent speeds. However, i have seen up to 450 mbit bursts (45MB/s) at the beginning of popular new torrents that have a big leecher rush with the seed.st 100mbit / 250gb storage $10 box you are using so for the price you cant beat its speed and storage, and the ftp download speeds should be fine as well, as long as you arent trying to download when the box is busy (maxed i/o) operations. I tried several different ftp apps, cuteftp, smartftp, and filezilla can do whatever simultaneous connections you set in settings (i set mine at 10) and max out my home connection when i download from the box. It is probably your ftp client choice or the settings therein that are causing the ftp speed issues rather than the box (my ftp down was dirt slow too until i got that sorted out).
    Last edited by shallow_seas; May 16th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.