I've run, once in a while, into torrents that had no seeds left. I wanted that file sooo bad that I searched alternate ways to continue downloading.
I found this:
btReAnnounceR - Finding more trackers for your torrrents
It's fairly easy and comprehensive. I c/p the steps right off the site:
- Upload a torrent metafile.
- Wait a moment while the system attempts to find alternate trackers for your torrent.
- Select (or not) a new primary announce url (tracker) for your your torrent.
- Click "ReAnnounce" if you made any changes
- Select and/or De-select any or all of the remaining announce urls as alternates for your bittorrent client.
- Click "ReAnnounce"
- Download your ReAnnounced torrent when you're done
Again... btReAnnounceR - Finding more trackers for your torrrents