"Unable to load.... Torrent is not valid bencoding"
Register

We are the best invite forum on the internet! Here you will find free invites, free seedboxes, free bonuses, and much more. Our members know the true meaning of sharing and have created a truly global bittorent community! Our site has the most up to date information on all private trackers and our members will guide you and introduce you to this truly secretive and enlightened club. Ready to get started? Register now!

User Tag List

Default "Unable to load.... Torrent is not valid bencoding"

Ok some i'm trying to download of kray. The .torrent downloads just fine, no problems. But when i open it i get the following message in utorrent "Unable to load.... Torrent is not valid bencoding".
    So i can't download of kray any more. This is not happening with the torrents i download from another private tracker i use.

Any ideas?

2. To remove ads become VIP. Inquire about advertising here.

Is the .torrent file in a zip archive? If yes, you need to check the settings of the tracker, because some of the allow you to download them in two seperate formats (Waffles is an example).

If you need help feel free to PM me, but keep in mind that asking for an invite is not considered help.

The first link you posted was someone who used the wrong RSS link, the one that doesn't include passkey and cookies.

ltrain, Are you sure you have an adequate ratio at the tracker and you are allowed to download torrents?

I can only think that either torrent files are corrupted (nearly impossible - other people must have the same problem in this case)
    Or you aren't allowed to download torrent files, because you are warned or don't have an adequat ratio (I don't want to accuse you of anything ...)
    Or that you have the wrong settings in your preferences page selected (in the tracker) and you download the torrents in a zip archive (most likely)

If you need help feel free to PM me, but keep in mind that asking for an invite is not considered help.

I'm trying to download from kraytracker. I've just tried re-installing the torrent client. But am still having problems with the torrents I am downloading. But all the torrents i was already seeding are still seeding.

I've tried posting on kraytracker (where i'm trying to download from) but no one even replies.

Quote Originally Posted by ltrain View Post
    I'm trying to download from kraytracker. I've just tried re-installing the torrent client. But am still having problems with the torrents I am downloading. But all the torrents i was already seeding are still seeding.

I've tried posting on kraytracker (where i'm trying to download from) but no one even replies.
    Can you download the .torrent files as .torrent files or are they in a zip or rar archive?
    I have heard of someone with the same problem and that was the issue.

i have got a good ratio, 2+. But I recently tried to upload some of my rips (which were already on kraytracker) on to another private torrent. I did it how i thought was correct, and even posted a message on their help board to ask if i had done it correctly. I didn't get a reply for 16 hours. Turns out that i had done it incorrectly, so i'm now thinking it's that what has stopped me downloading.

Seems a little harsh seeing as no one has even officially told me i've been ban. As soon as some one finally answered my posts i changed all my trackers back to kraytracker only. I would accept a warning for being a newbie.

I just wish some one would tell me either way.

The torrent files have mp3's in. no compresed files of any such. I was downloading fine yesterday before i changed things.
    Last edited by ltrain; November 25th, 2011 at 04:08 PM.

No, I just meant when you download a torrent file from the site, is it in a zip, rare archive or is it a normal .torrent file?

You are only allowed to post the files of your torrents to another tracker (some even don't allow that), but not the .torrent file itself, because the others can't connect to it.

It seems more like you got an infraction and not a ban, because you can still log into your tracker, but you should talk with them on IRC to get the real reason.

im using safari, i surf in private and had all cookies being blocked. i got this same message, ended my private session and the same exact link worked perfectly.