How to add multiple blocklists to Transmission!
Register

We are the best invite forum on the internet! Here you will find free invites, free seedboxes, free bonuses, and much more. Our members know the true meaning of sharing and have created a truly global bittorent community! Our site has the most up to date information on all private trackers and our members will guide you and introduce you to this truly secretive and enlightened club. Ready to get started? Register now!

User Tag List

Default How to add multiple blocklists to Transmission!

Heres a great way to combine all the blocklists you want into transmission where they all will be auto-updated. After much skulking the web I found this very user friendly solution on the official transmission forums.

Go to: I-BlockList | Lists

1. copy the URL link you desire from i-blocklist.com (its the link on the far right column- not the websites link!!!) ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

2. open transmission -> preferences -> peers ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

3. paste the url into the URL bar and click "update" (download should be visible)

4. On mac finder bar (no program selected) click on "go" -> "go to folder"

5. enter " ~/Library/Application Support/Transmission " ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

6. select the blocklist folder *(notice that there is only one "blocklist.bin" folder? That is the blocklist of the current URL that you pasted into Transmission. Transmission will always make this file the generic URL updated .bin file) You don't want that unless you plan on just having one blocklist.

7. click and drag the blocklist out of the folder and onto your desktop! Rename it "(any name) blocklist.bin"

8. Rinse and repeat for the other blocklist URLs you wish to use from the site. (i used 6) And also, whenever you finish with however many URLs you use, close Transmission before going to step 9.

*** Side Note: because you are doing this via transmission and not a program (peerguardian, peerblocker, etc.) you do not have to worry about it blocking IPs when you go about your daily computer routine. THIS JUST AFFECTS TRANSMISSION AND WHO YOUR PEERS ARE!!!

**Basically by doing this (took me 10 mins to do 6 blocklists-not bad) you are having transmission do the necessary conversion technique and are not leaving any chance to human error. Let the program do this for you! No errors whatsoever when you do it this way.

9. After you have done this for your desired blocklists (making sure each has a different name before the affix "-blocklist.bin", then go back to the blocklist folder (step 4 & 5)

10. click and drag each renamed " -blocklist.bin" file (on ur desktop) back into the folder. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

11. Open up transmission, select "window" -> "message log" ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (click on the bottom left of that window and select "info" instead of "error" or "debug" ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting and look at the status of your peer block list. It should say on the right-hand side: peer blacklist "level 1blocklist.bin" has 213046 inquiries (ip addresses) and so on so forth- for the other blocklists you may have added. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I hope this helps all of you none-source-code-knowing, easy-way-around-it, mac loving folks! Cheers! )

If you don't understand the steps, they're pretty straight forward. Just go at each one SLOWLY and you will be taken care of. Trust me.

2. To remove ads become VIP. Inquire about advertising here.

Default Re: How to add multiple blocklists to Transmission!

Don't forget to source it. Here's the link: https://forum.transmissionbt.com/vie...t=11528#p53620

Default Re: How to add multiple blocklists to Transmission!

randomguy reminds me of my history teacher mr. Stevens. I expect next you'll want a bibliography double spaced in proper MLA format?