CRC failed in 'image.iso'. File is broken
Register

We are the best invite forum on the internet! Here you will find free invites, free seedboxes, free bonuses, and much more. Our members know the true meaning of sharing and have created a truly global bittorent community! Our site has the most up to date information on all private trackers and our members will guide you and introduce you to this truly secretive and enlightened club. Ready to get started? Register now!

User Tag List

Default CRC failed in 'image.iso'. File is broken

I'm getting this error message after I FTP xbox 360 games from my seedbox to my computer and extract them with 7zip.

CRC failed in 'image.iso'. File is broken .It happens with .rar images at 100%.

It's the 2nd game now. What I did was extract it on the seedbox then download it, but that is annoying. Anyone ran into this before?
    Last edited by WLF11; March 11th, 2011 at 02:10 AM.

2. To remove ads become VIP. Inquire about advertising here.

Hmm, so when you extracted it on the box first, and downloaded it afterwards the image worked fine?
    If that's the case, it clearly isn't corrupt, which is a good sign.

Have you tried using another compression tool besides 7zip on your local machine, yet?
    Could be your 7zip installation bugging.
    Thanks to oki and UBi for repping me in!

Please visit my 10% GiveAway!

Yeah I just tried WinRAR and I get the same thing. The image checks out with abgx and works fine when extracted on the seedbox.

------------------------Post auto merged------------------------

Hmm the second game failed the crc check with abgx and I extracted it on the seedbox. I think the problem might be on the seedbox now.
    Last edited by WLF11; March 10th, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

^^ Try To Repair Corrupt Archive In Winrar & Then Try TO Extract It
    Thanks To Asterix For Repping Me In

Which FTP client are you using?
    http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/161/92309971.png

Thanks to Darander, UBi, el2em, DX, huazi, and the the late speedking for filling my requests! Also thanks to every awesome member here

I'm using CuteFTP. I will try the WinRAR repair and see if it helps thanks.

------------------------Post auto merged------------------------

I just downloaded the same torrent directly to my PC from another tracker and it unpacked and verified with abgx just fine. So I think the problem is with my seedbox or FTP client.
    Last edited by WLF11; March 10th, 2011 at 07:03 PM.

In your torrent client, stop all the other instances of that torrent except one of them. Force re-check it and then re-download it via your FTP, set it to RESUME, not override.

What happens is there are very slight differences in the way the torrent is packed between different trackers, so the data was corrupted because you downloaded it from somewhere else and then cross seeded and probably re-downloaded the different pieces.

I got FTP set to resume and I'm not cross seeding or downloading. It wasn't doing this before so I don't know why it just started. Anyway I found that when extracting with WinRAR instead of 7zip it will show me the broken pieces, so I just redownload those and it will work. Still annoying tho.