Everyone looking to DJ, just state you are interested in here, then join IRC and type /msg outdoors30 DJ - If I don't immediately respond, you can also message Sky_ or GPaX.
- The prerequisites listed below are now considered optional and you are only required to post in here that you are interested - cheers.
Anyone interested in DJ'ing for T-I Radio should reply to this thread.
Please state any relevant information, including but not limited to:
- Prior experience
- Music preferences
- Available days and times (include your time zone, or CST if you want to make it super convenient for me)
- Why you're interested in being a DJ
- What unique or interesting qualities you could bring to the station
Hello new DJ's. Here will be a basic guide to help you start out DJing here at TI-Radio.
Things you will need:
1. Access and HalfOp (%) to #DJ channel.
a. Ask outdoors30
(me) for access in IRC. (#Torrent-Invites or #TI-Radio)
2. A program which can broadcast to a shoutcast radio.
a. The most popular are: Virtual DJ (Mac/Windows) and SAM Broadcaster (Windows)
I. Virtual DJ can be downloaded at IPTorrents and SAM Broadcaster is available at request.
3. The access information to get on the Radio Login page.
4. The password to the radio so you may broadcast.
a. You will be given this inside #DJ.
TLThings you will need to do:
;DR: You need access to #DJ, a program the is able to broadcast to shoutcast, access to our login page, and the password to our shoutcast server.
Rules and Things to Know:
1. Join #DJ
2. Get access to the webpage.
3. Pick a program and download it.
4. Go to the Webpage FAQ
and learn how to use our Radio Webpage.
5. Get the password for the shoutcast server.
6. Go to the Configuration FAQ
to learn how to setup your program.
7. Turn Off AutoDJ and start DJing.
If you have not read all of this, you will encounter a problem and be told to read it again. So please, read carefully. We took the time out of our day to show you how to do it, so take the time out of your day to read it.
1. Never, EVER click 'Stop Server'!
2. AutoDJ (Activate Source) must be turned On after you have finished your session (Source Status will be Online).
3. AutoDJ (Deactivate Source) must be turned Off before you start your session (Source Status will be Remote).
4. Port 9005 MUST be open for the Stream Title to be fed to the Stream.
5. Make sure your firewall is not blocking your program.
6. Songs must be in MP3 format.