How do you enable Windows 7 Virtual Memory?
1. Click on your start icon.
2. Right-click on 'Computer' and choose 'Properties'
3. In the left bar, you click on 'Advanced System Settings' and a new screen should pop-up.
4. Go to the 'Advanced' tab and click on 'Settings' in the Performance area and a another screen should pop-up.
5. Click on the 'Advanced' tab again and click on the 'Change' button.
6. Check that you want to use a custom size.
Now you can enter your Initial Size and Maximum size. Don't enter here any number you want, because that would be useless.
If you know how much RAM you have in your computer, you should do this times 1.5 and no more than 3.0.
For example, you have 4GB of RAM in your system. That would be 4096MB times 1.5 = 6144MB, you can enter this is your 'Initial Size' box. For you Maximum size you can do 4096MB times 3 = 12288MB, you can enter it in your Maximum Size box.
REMEMBER: 1GB = 1024Mb
I hope you found it useful if you didn't know about this. I've done this with my system and you notice the difference, it responds a bit faster. Feel free to correct me.