The programme introduces a "Prospective Uploader" userclass with certain initial limitations. Our intent is to find
new users that want to and will upload. Once proven, they will automatically become uploaders in good standing.
Firstly, understand who we are.
What we do:
- We are a lossless bit-perfect ripping community with over a decade of tradition and experience. We rip strictly
following an advanced set of in-house rules. We only rip genuine retail media. We release only what we ripped ourselves.
- We are interested in EAC/XLD rips, untouched music DVDs/Blu-rays ISOs, quality vinyl rips, SACD ISOs done using
the PS3 method and copies of quality digital downloads sourced from an array of authorised sites.
- Every release is carefully screened and moderated before being allowed into the community.
- All of our releases follow a strict set of structure and filenaming rules.
- The overwhelming majority of our releases come with quality scanned artwork and proper tagging.
- Over the years we built an advanced ripping ruleset and backend, reaching much further than any other site/community.
For a notable example, our automoderation scripts can on-the-fly recompute EAC and XLD log checksum providing
instantaneous authenticity verification. We are serious about what we do and we are good at it.
What we DO NOT do:
- We do not use lossy codes or lossy sources of our releases.
- We do not convert or transcode our releases.
- We do not re-upload material found online and we do not steal from other sites.
- We do not rip CD-Rs or similar non-genuine media.
Secondly, understand what the programme is about.
A Prospective Uploader account:
- Expires after 2 weeks if not promoted to another class. Then the system will simply erase the account.
- Cannot download torrents larger than 1GB.
- Cannot download more than 5GB.
- Cannot dip below ratio of 0.5. The moment this happens the account is automatically erased from the system.
- To prevent awkward abuse and shenanigans, cannot donate to the Site.
This means a new user has 2 weeks to learn to rip and get promoted, or alternately convince us in an exceptional way to
promote him/her to another user class so they will be able to stay, or will be gone.
To qualify to be invited by the staff a PU must:
- Prove access to a decent CD/vinyl collection by sending relevant photos. They are mandatory.
- Provide a listing of their intended first 30 uploads. You do not have to upload that much in the two weeks, but you have
to show that you know how to rip and upload, and what you will want to upload later on.
- Provide relevant photos of their vinyl setup (if applicable), plus a detailed description of your process.
- Not be from a Site blacklisted country (currently: AE, DZ, BR, EG, IR, IQ, IL, JO, KW, OM, PK, QA, SA, SY, TN, TR and RU)
Interested? Send a proper application to xbtmusic(at)protonmail.ch