NotWhat.CD Week #One Update 5 hours and 46 mins ago
"I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I'd do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action."
Good day comrades and welcome to Week #One at NotWhat.CD
What a wonderful time to be alive! Over 1,000 users and 5,000 torrents!
First and foremost I want to thank each and every one of our community members and staff for their optimism, patience and dedication. This is your home as much as it is mine and we are making it a wonderful place with a tight-knit community. Before we delve into our site's updates and our site's future it will be best to clear up the disinformation going around.
1. We are in no way, shape or form related to or involved with nostream.co or nostre.am.
2. Our staff members and userbase is comprised entirely of former what.cd members, elites, torrent masters, interviewers, beta team, staff and other tracker staff.
3. We have absolutely no affiliation with 4chan, 8chan, or any other chan, forum or public website.
4. NotWhat.CD uses CloudFlare as an endpoint for our reverse proxies just like nearly every other tracker which explains why our IP Block is similar to most other tracker sites (pth, apl, nos, etc). We are NOT hosted in the same facility as any one of these trackers.
At NotWhat.CD we do not see other music trackers as competition. To the contrary we have been working with several other trackers in effort to unite the community on several fronts including development, security and new features.
For example, our latest update integrating logchecker.php has been a combined effort between our staff and the staff at libble.me, a well known, respected tracker.
I want to personally thank libble.me and their staff for providing the new age of music trackers source code for a well-tested logchecker.php.
Without their help none of the new trackers would have a functional log checker and I think it's a disservice to the entire community to not give credit where credit is due.
Week One Update#1. Functional Log Checker
Our 'Perfect FLAC' stats will be updated every hour on the hour.
Log Checker Issues:
1a. Viewing log files on site has not been implemented yet.
1b. Attaching missing log files to existing torrents has not been implemented yet.
Week One Update#2. IRC Services
We have implemented NickServ, ChanServ and our Gazelle Bot - Che.
NickServ allows authentication with a X.509 certificate with the CERT Command.
Users can gain access to member-only channels with "/msg che enter #notwhat site-user irckey".
Please make sure your site password, NickServ password and IRCKey are all different.
Week One Update#3. Proper SSL Tracker
Many of you helped diagnose the issues with our reverse ssl proxy to the ocelot tracker.
We have since debugged this issue and resolved it with the proper reverse proxy settings.
We will continue to use the http tracker by default until further notice.
Week One Dev#1. Two-Factor Authentication
We are working on an optional Two-Factor Authentication process for Gazelle whereby users will be sent a secondary code
to their smartphone app such as google authenticate, authy or freeotp necessary to login to the site.
Week One Dev#2. FLAC Automagic Uploader
In beta testing we have a FLAC uploading tool that runs through your music directory and uploads them to NotWhat.CD through
a command line interface. Currently this tool is linux only while we are working on a Windows version that will be released at the same time.
Week One Dev#3. NotWhat.CD Secure Image Host
Week One Dev#4. NotWhat.CD Android App
At this time I would like to officially announce our staff team.
1. Evilwalks, a well-known tracker celebrity is our first Site Administrator tasked with running the site day in and day out.
2. Shax, a former what.cd Power Torrent Master is our first Forum Administrator tasked with managing our forums and community.
3. MrHudson, a former what.cd Torrent Master who is our first Torrent Administrator tasked with overseeing the release information.
4. Nussknacker, a talented developer and former tracker staff will lead our Community Dev Team undertaking some of our upcoming features.
Participating in any music tracker is a daunting, time-consuming task and I would really like to thank these individuals for stepping up
and taking on the ultimate task of rebuilding what was lost in positions of leadership that require dedication, love and faith in our endeavor
Rules & Trumping:
1. V0 will now trump V2 in most circumstances.
2. Do NOT trump existing FLAC torrents without logs as we are working to add the logs retroactively.
Thank you all again for a wonderful start, through out the next 24 hours we will be issuing freeleech for userpick and staffpicks.
Stay tuned for more information as the day progresses!